KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Significantly

Weakened

The

Squad
Just to reflect on something here.

Antonio Conte. A beloved figure for the most part around here and with all Juventini, is scrambling to land David Luiz or Angelo fucking Ogbonna.

Meanwhile, poor Allegri has to figure out how to get playing time for Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, Benatia, and Rugani. 5 defenders who would walk into the Chelsea dressing room and start from the first minute.

But yes, Marotta has managed to weaken the squad again. People, take a step back and look at this fucking club. Look at this roster. Are you kidding?

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Just to reflect on something here.

Antonio Conte. A beloved figure for the most part around here and with all Juventini, is scrambling to land David Luiz or Angelo fucking Ogbonna.

Meanwhile, poor Allegri has to figure out how to get playing time for Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, Benatia, and Rugani. 5 defenders who would walk into the Chelsea dressing room and start from the first minute.

But yes, Marotta has managed to weaken the squad again. People, take a step back and look at this fucking club. Look at this roster. Are you kidding?
Some are still angry that we sold Pogba...even though we're much stronger than we are last season in almost every facet. People just like to complain I guess. I don't get it. This has been an epic, truly big club style mercato and people are still upset.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Our bench could qualify for the CL in Serie A.

Seriously.

Neto

Lichtsteiner-Benatia-Rugani-Evra

Witsel-Lemina-Asamoah

Cuadrado-Pjaca

Mandzukic

This bench alone is miles ahead of the 2010-2011 starting squad for us.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Overall we've definitely strengthened but we could've addressed our midfield issues a bit better. Despite all the trolling, I'm quite meh for Witsel tbh.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Yeah an improved bench but a weakened starting XI. At least in midfield
Does replacing Pogba with Pjanic far outweigh replacing Lichsteiner with Alves, plus replacing Morata with Higuain?

No, it doesn't. Everyone makes it seem around here that we replaced Pogba with Hernanes. No, we replaced him with one of, if not the most creative midfielder in Serie A.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Also if anyone noticed, we haven't bought a single Italien player in this mercato perhaps why Cronios is jumping out of joy, :ID: to every move :ratcafe:

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
C MON secure Quadrado already and turn the best mercato of the decade into the best of the new millenium!
Usually when you didn't like our mercato, we would end up having a great season. Now you're ecstatic which kinda worries me a bit, that maybe we won't fare so good. :shifty:

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Does replacing Pogba with Pjanic far outweigh replacing Lichsteiner with Alves, plus replacing Morata with Higuain?

No, it doesn't. Everyone makes it seem around here that we replaced Pogba with Hernanes. No, we replaced him with one of, if not the most creative midfielder in Serie A.
Alves being an improvement remains to be seen.

It's not about losing Pogba as such, but the combination of players we had with him was almost perfect but now it seems less balanced.

I'm certainly less optimistic about our CL chances now than before the market started.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Usually when you didn't like our mercato, we would end up having a great season. Now you're ecstatic which kinda worries me a bit, that maybe we won't fare so good. :shifty:
Usually we were aiming lower and you guys were pleased with mediocrity while i was always hoping that we will return into our old standards and now we are finally back!
We should all celebrate our return competitive football, we are back in business, Juventus! A team to inspire fear, respect and awe!
We never had the best budget in Europe, but we were always competitive, it was a very difficult tasks for the managers, because they had to deliver such small miracles, to acquire high profile targets without spending the most!
Benatia, Alvez, Pjanic, Quadrado and Higuain could be starters in any CL contender team, we got them all in just one transfer window! We now have the quality to challenge every team out there and the depth to keep doing it simultaneously in 3 competitions!

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Alves being an improvement remains to be seen.

It's not about losing Pogba as such, but the combination of players we had with him was almost perfect but now it seems less balanced.

I'm certainly less optimistic about our CL chances now than before the market started.
I ain't less optimistic but neither more. Our squad last year was awesome, injuries fuck us hard. If Cheesio, Dybala and Sami were 100% against BM. Vidal would be crying in his bathtub all night after the game.

We have a weaker MF but an stronger attack and defense so.... Who knows

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 61)