Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Glad i'm rolling with @Fr3sh and @Scottish now. :vidal:

In fact we are cruising through Montevideo on our Vespa's >>RIGHT NOW!<<

Yo guys, guys!! chillex!! I know this is a problem, but we got this. WE GOT THIS! All of us can drive Edinson. Tonight @Scottish drives him to the club where we will have a few Mojitos. Then he comes with me and stays overnight (i asked mom and she's ok with it. But no coke she said!)
In the morning @Fr3sh picks him up on his way to the local drugstore. He want's that Pikachu hiding between the herbs.

You guys agree? YOU AGREE??
:rofl:

Jul 2, 2006
I would be lying if i say i am not excited to see Higuain in Juventus. I always thought Madrid made a mistake by selling him instead of Benzema. But for what reason we are willing to pay this abominable fee? Serie A is already in bag. Was it lack of goals that eliminated us from CL? It was overall performance of team which was no better than St Pauli's performance against Bayern. With Morata and Cuadrado gone and Pogba likely leaving, our overall performance will suck even more as we lose three of our very a few players who can make difference.

napoli would have been more than willing to negotiate for their 29 years old striker whom openly declared his desire to leave and having fights with their president. getting a player by activating the release clause is not an achievement. release clauses are not supposed to be paid, they are mostly symbolic. marotta is there to negotiate, if he doesn't negotiate, there is no reason for him to get paid millions by the club. driver of team bus can buy higuain too if we are to pay release clause.

This is an economical sacrifice never seen in history of Juventus. He is twice more expensive than our most expensive signing. And did we have better players than Higuain in Juventus before? Many. If you check the list of most expensive transfers in history, almost all of them was investments with resale value. How are we going to get an amount anywhere close to what are we paying when/if it is needed?

Some might say: ''Who cares about money, just enjoy the show.'' But i know for a fact, this ''sacrifice'' will reduce the quality of our signing for years to come and we will miss some of more interesting opportunities like Gabriel Jesus.

Last but not least, reports say he is going to earn 7.5 million € per year. What happened to the salary cap strictly kept by club for many years. You know what happens when bypass it once. Many others will want same wage when signing new contracts and if they don't get it, they will cause problems in team. This will have an negative impact on club's finance for many years to come.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
It is a big risk. We will spend 150 million on him in 4 years.

But if you want that Champions League trophy you need to take risks.

This guy is the last piece of puzzle. We now have a world class player in every position.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I would be lying if i say i am not excited to see Higuain in Juventus. I always thought Madrid made a mistake by selling him instead of Benzema. But for what reason we are willing to pay this abominable fee? Serie A is already in bag. Was it lack of goals that eliminated us from CL? It was overall performance of team which was no better than St Pauli's performance against Bayern. With Morata and Cuadrado gone and Pogba likely leaving, our overall performance will suck even more as we lose three of our very a few players who can make difference.

napoli would have been more than willing to negotiate for their 29 years old striker whom openly declared his desire to leave and having fights with their president. getting a player by activating the release clause is not an achievement. release clauses are not supposed to be paid, they are mostly symbolic. marotta is there to negotiate, if he doesn't negotiate, there is no reason for him to get paid millions by the club. driver of team bus can buy higuain too if we are to pay release clause.

This is an economical sacrifice never seen in history of Juventus. He is twice more expensive than our most expensive signing. And did we have better players than Higuain in Juventus before? Many. If you check the list of most expensive transfers in history, almost all of them was investments with resale value. How are we going to get an amount anywhere close to what are we paying when/if it is needed?

Some might say: ''Who cares about money, just enjoy the show.'' But i know for a fact, this ''sacrifice'' will reduce the quality of our signing for years to come and we will miss some of more interesting opportunities like Gabriel Jesus.

Last but not least, reports say he is going to earn 7.5 million € per year. What happened to the salary cap strictly kept by club for many years. You know what happens when bypass it once. Many others will want same wage when signing new contracts and if they don't get it, they will cause problems in team. This will have an negative impact on club's finance for many years to come.
It's a good point about the salary cap, provided the info we're being given is correct. I can see some players wanting over €5m now, but maybe Dybala (and Pogba) are the only two who could genuinely reach the kind of superstar level to earn that kind of money spoken about for Higuain. He is a very big signing and the club could sell it to the other players as very much a one-off. The other difference with him is that he is nearly 29 and this will be his last maximum salary, it shouldn't rise past this. Pogba and Dybala are early 20s and would potentially have increases, and the way football is moving our wage ceiling might have to shift to something like €7m anyway.

I'm not sure I agree about release clauses, I don't see this the same as what the Spanish put on their players, which tends to be €50m for a talent, €150m for a star etc. The market is so flooded with money now ADL took a gamble setting Higuain's at €94.75m, expecting that he either keep the player or sell abroad, but Juve ended up with money to do it. It's not like he loses out, Napoli get a lot of money, and I'd expect either Bacca or Icardi would score a lot of goals in that team.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
So what will everyone say when Marotta has been fake selling Pogba this whole time to scare De La into thinking we will pay the release clause? De Laurentiis has already said that he fears having to buy players with that much cash on hand, Marotta gives them Zaza, Pereyra and 55ml.

:klin:

Wishful thinking :D

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
So what will everyone say when Marotta has been fake selling Pogba this whole time to scare De La into thinking we will pay the release clause? De Laurentiis has already said that he fears having to buy players with that much cash on hand, Marotta gives them Zaza, Pereyra and 55ml.

:klin:

Wishful thinking :D
That would be genius.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 86)