Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
But forgot how you always took swings at Alex.
Because i said he was a backup that should only play once per 7/14 days ? That was reality.

While 04/06 was a lesser period, much is also down to capello.

Dont get why it was so hard to use zlatan like the CF he has been eversince, and Zlatan as the technical SS moving around that.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
While i am a massive fan of Wallzagli and Marchisio, if you put them instead of Thuram and especially Emerson, it simply means you dont know them.
i'm also a massive fan, thus i'm not objective at all, and i don't expect anyone to be objective either.

still, barzagli is probably the most underrated player i've ever seen (and i'm in my late 30's, i've been following football since the early '80s). i fucking love the guy, he's just as good as anyone in this position (bar prime nesta and cannavaro if you take the last 20 years). i put him on par with thuram, and i prefer barza as he's italian and a more likeable, more loyal character. the same goes for marchisio vs emerson: marchisio is homegrown, loyal as it gets, and also supports attacks better, passes better than emerson (who was a beast defensively, i of course give it to him). i consider marchisio a more versatile player, i think he would fit better in the modern game. i'd pick the prime emerson over him any day if i needed a mid for purely defensive tasks, though.

btw the '16 dybala is at least as good as the '06 del piero. capitano still produced some of his magic after his injury, but his speed faded and he became more predictable.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
A lot of people on this forum are between 25 and 35. People from that generation are going to have great memories of the Juventus between 1994 and 2006. That's why they might claim a team from that era is a lot better than what we have now. Truth is we are on a very similar level. For example Lichtsteiner is every bit as good as Zambrotta ever was, but people from that generation simply prefer Zambrotta because they are nostalgic.
Whoaoh. Not even close. You can't really think that though?

- - - Updated - - -

Buffon
Zambrotta-Cannavaro-Barzagli-Evra
Camoranesi-Pogba-Marchisio-Nedved
Dybala-Mandzukic

I chose a 4-4-2 because of the convenience as I'm doing this quickly. I also went with Dybala-Mandzukic because they're an excellent pair IMO and of all the strikers in those two seasons they had the longest in form periods. Pogba-Marchisio are head and shoulders above whatever central midfield we had in 2006. Defensively I rate us about as good now as back then, but I went with Canna and Zambrotta because they were seemingly indestructibe in 2005-06 and the following World Cup.
No Trez? I really am lost... I love Mandzukic, but...

- - - Updated - - -

Nice controversy trolling though :p

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
While i am indeed an old man, i've gotten a good memory.
Maybe you do, but you are very nostalgic. I am too, but you have to consider that fact when comparing players. Pogba for example is probably a much more talented midfielder than anyone we had in central midfield in 2005-06.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
And big lol at people who are already suggesting that Dybala wont ever reach Zlatan's level.We're talking about a fucking 22 yr old carrying the attack all by himself plus who's less arrogant & more hardworking ofcourse.
He has all the tools required to become a top 3 player in the world or perhaps even the best.

For all his exploits in winning league titles,Zlatan's record in knockout cup competitions will always remain a joke and its what separated him from a Ronaldo,Messi or even the likes of Robben and Suarez(albeit lately).

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Maybe you do, but you are very nostalgic. I am too, but you have to consider that fact when comparing players. Pogba for example is probably a much more talented midfielder than anyone we had in central midfield in 2005-06.
Dont ever doubt that. Right now he is miles ahead of anyone from that 2006 team midfield. The only who could get close (and just taking in consideration performance) was maybe nedved and I even dont think that because he was past his prime in those years, and maybe camo.

The rest were all names and no substance.

No one had magic in that midfield and that was one of the reasons we played sooo bad.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
That was in the end when it was evident he has problems with Pep. He was benched for the 2nd game if I remember correctly and he played Bojan ahead of him. He also scored twice in their 2-2 away at Arsenal in the QF

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 91)