Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
plan a or plan z, he got him for a good price and it worked, deserves the credit definitely. I didn't criticize any of his transfers (the one we bought only), and I don't think he deserves any, only Martinez's transfer's value looks overpaid, but too early to judge for that.

As for the players sold, many mistakes were there.

It all depends where we will finish this season, then we can say what he did wrong or right. but so far, after a terrible season like last season, everything is ok. We replaced 12 players, don't forget that. and so far it gave positive results, we were in much better position before the Parma game. I won't change my mind because of one single match.
I'm talking strictly about Quag's transfer, without going into the debate of Marotta's overall performance or what were his good and bad transfers (yet to make a final decision on that. I believe that some will prove to be amazing transfers, some very bad ones....and every director makes great, good, average and bad transfers).
I consider Quag's transfer pure luck and the final take on this transfer is yet to follow. In the end the transfer might turn out to be an awful one (I'm speaking hypothetically, in case we decide to buy him out in the summer and he never recovers from the injury) or an excellent one. Just like with Amauri. Find the posts from his first half season and I guarantee you that you will see delighted people who praise Secco for Amauri.
But however it turns out in the end, I will still criticize Marotta for how he behaved in the Diego related transfer saga. He sold him 5 days before the transfer window was closed and he didn't have an arranged deal for a player to join us, shooting left and right, knocking on every door in a panic attempt to buy a striker. He risked a lot and I don't want to even think what was going to happen if Napoli and Quag rejected us the way Borriello and Di Natale did.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I'm talking strictly about Quag's transfer, without going into the debate of Marotta's overall performance or what were his good and bad transfers (yet to make a final decision on that. I believe that some will prove to be amazing transfers, some very bad ones....and every director makes great, good, average and bad transfers).
I consider Quag's transfer pure luck and the final take on this transfer is yet to follow. In the end the transfer might turn out to be an awful one (I'm speaking hypothetically, in case we decide to buy him out in the summer and he never recovers from the injury) or an excellent one. Just like with Amauri. Find the posts from his first half season and I guarantee you that you will see delighted people who praise Secco for Amauri.
But however it turns out in the end, I will still criticize Marotta for how he behaved in the Diego related transfer saga. He sold him 5 days before the transfer window was closed and he didn't have an arranged deal for a player to join us, shooting left and right, knocking on every door in a panic attempt to buy a striker. He risked a lot and I don't want to even think what was going to happen if Napoli and Quag rejected us the way Borriello and Di Natale did.
But it didn't happen, maybe he had a deal with Quag before he sold Diego, we will never know that. And I believe him when he said that Toni transfer didn't happen after the injury, as it is not very possible to decide and buy a player within a day.

Quagliarela's situation is very shitty for him now, a huge blow, everything was going to be different if he was around, both economic and in results.

Title race was open, it was only five points. With this injury, it is over. If he takes us to CL, and then group stages, I won't criticize him. Anything else is not acceptable. It's such a shame, haters' wishes became true, and the job is much harder now for him.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
the point is the diego saga took up so much of marotta's time thus neglected other areas of concern - namely left back and upfront and to this day it really annoys me, especially since Juve didn't benefit anything from it all, neither from a financial or prospective gain

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He takes criticism for every panic buy. Why make a panic buy in late August at first place (Unless a late August injury is the reason)?
There was absolutely no reason to make a panic buy in August 25th or so.
If the plan was to sell Diego and replace him with player A, a director should work seriously on that and secure player A before he sold Diego. Our director didn't do that. He sold Diego and then started looking for an attacker. He made a bid, he got rejected, made a second bid, got rejected. Why make the Quag purchase a master stroke now? It wasn't. It was pure luck following a desperate and clueless behavior from Marotta.
Tough gig being a dg, if you get it wrong you are bad, if you get it right you are bad.

You only have to look how busy the last day of the transfer window is to see how many of these 'panic buys' happen.

Again, a lot of words going into mouths here, no one called it a master stroke but he signed a player, it came off, so he gets credit for signing that player. He could have easily gone for another player, it's not as if Quagliarella was the only player available, and it's also not as if directors can often get their first or even second choice players.

As we don't know the particulars of the transfer policy it's just guesswork. I could guess that we wanted to involve Diego in the deal for Dzeko, swap them. Krasic and Pepe wide, Dzeko plus one other up front, two CM's. Then the non-EU rule came in and the Krasic deal dragged on and on, so we were juggling two non-EU players. Eventually we focused on Krasic, got him later on (21st Aug I believe) and still wanted to offload Diego from a tactical perspective so we sold him and brought a forward in to replace him, doesn't matter what choice he was, he was on the shortlist and it was late in the transfer window.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
What are Toni's wages? If they are expensive, Maortta is indeed an idiot. He spent the entire summer trimming the wage bill of players much like Toni (old, best years behind them). That's besides the fact that his form of late certainly doesn't warrant high wages.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
Looks like its 3mil a season,and since he moved in Jan so he will only receive the half for this season,and another 3mil next season..
Im hoping they have a plan to sell him come the end of this season

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Looks like its 3mil a season,and since he moved in Jan so he will only receive the half for this season,and another 3mil next season..
Im hoping they have a plan to sell him come the end of this season
nah that would'nt make sense to be honest ( referring to the plan to sell him in the end of the season) at best come next season depending on how we end this season he might be a back up player but i dont see us offloading him next season. look at how tough it is getting rid of the useless forwards we have!!

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I like Marotta, I believe and hope he does well but some of the moves he made since getting the job are not the best, especially from a financial point of view. Paying Trezeguet's wage in another club, not even trying to bring Cassano for free when we needed him, selling Diego for 15m with a 10m loss after seeing him only one season(!) and if we don't end up signing Quag now after his injury we've basically payed 5m for a one year loan. Loans are called loans for a reason and they shouldn't cost anything.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I like Marotta, I believe and hope he does well but some of the moves he made since getting the job are not the best, especially from a financial point of view. Paying Trezeguet's wage in another club, not even trying to bring Cassano for free when we needed him, selling Diego for 15m with a 10m loss after seeing him only one season(!) and if we don't end up signing Quag now after his injury we've basically payed 5m for a one year loan. Loans are called loans for a reason and they shouldn't cost anything.
so if you borrowed money from the bank they shouldn't be charging you interest plus what you owe?

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
This is not a bank, in football, loans are usually free the first season and then there is often an option of a fixed price at the end of the season. You dig?
Suns does have a point, I would have tagged the the 5mil we payed to the final buy out price. Foolish move by Marotta

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 49)