Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
We need to qualify for next years champions league at all costs. We also need to get to the knockout stage of this years champions league and go as far as we can. We have to stop the bleeding. No scudetto is bad enough but failure to qualify for the champions league would be a disaster

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Can't believe the last few pages :sergio:

You can blame him for some of the dealings during the summer (selling Vidal without bringing replacement), but Juventus should have beaten the likes of Chievo, Udinese and Frosinone with players at their disposal. That right there are 7 pts and we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

It really isn't like Allegri was given Niang, Acerbi, and Muntari to replace Tevez, Vidal and Pirlo here. Players brought during the summer are far bigger names and more talented players that since coming here have been either struggling to fit Allegri's system (Dybala, Cuadrado) or suffered injuries (Khedira). It's Allegri's job to find the right system that will help the players to integrate themselves and that will make most of their abilities. If one of Moratta's responsibilities is coaching them as well then I apologize for my ignorance.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
this summer marotta had to:
sell pogba for 100 mil instead of vidal for 37
take berardi instead of splashing 40 on dybala with some guarantees of starting regularly
buy darmian who can play both flanks and not overpay for sandro who has got 1 year left on his contract
keep coman and prolonging a loan of Matri, no Zaza needed
allan and saponara could be nice too
if he took Cuadrado, which was fine, he had to go for Ljaich on another flank and let Hernanes rotting in merda
etc.

utterly pathetic unprofessional job
Wow, you summed up everything I have been saying the whole summer in one post. If you keep this up then my job on the forums is done

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
We've seen Marotta and management learn some lessons the hard way in past years.

After this Mercato I hope they realised you need champions in the team, players that youngsters can look up to and learn.

If we had to get rid of high wages this summer and let go of Vidal, Tevez..., fine, but let's see some champions brought in from now on. The ones coach asked you for prior to Mercato opening.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Marotta: "We do not seek excuses, it's not part of our mentality, we've 10 new players."

Marotta: "We should not forget that we have lost two phenomena as Pirlo & Tevez, good players have arrived but not with the same charisma."

Marotta: ' We have complete faith in Allegri, he's in difficult situation, he can't field his favourite formation "

Is he trying to fuck with my mind ????

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Juventus have a buy back option for €18 million that they can use in January or at the end of the season to get Berardi.

Also everybody knows that Zaza isn't worth €18 million but it was paid due to our "gentleman's agreement" with Sassuolo. This is turned guaranteed us Berardi without worrying about a bidding war with other top clubs.
How do you know?

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Can't believe the last few pages :sergio:

You can blame him for some of the dealings during the summer (selling Vidal without bringing replacement), but Juventus should have beaten the likes of Chievo, Udinese and Frosinone with players at their disposal. That right there are 7 pts and we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

It really isn't like Allegri was given Niang, Acerbi, and Muntari to replace Tevez, Vidal and Pirlo here. Players brought during the summer are far bigger names and more talented players that since coming here have been either struggling to fit Allegri's system (Dybala, Cuadrado) or suffered injuries (Khedira). It's Allegri's job to find the right system that will help the players to integrate themselves and that will make most of their abilities. If one of Moratta's responsibilities is coaching them as well then I apologize for my ignorance.
Not really, sporting director should bought players who fix mánager system, not the other way around... I blame both for our terrible position but definitely marotta is way way more guilty...

Allegri main faults: injuries

electricRoo

Feb 27, 2011
Not really, sporting director should bought players who fix mánager system, not the other way around... I blame both for our terrible position but definitely marotta is way way more guilty...

While that is true, I would blame more the lack of planning by Marotta and his penny pinching ways more than anything else for our failures this season. Badly planned preseason with not enough games, reinforcements came in way too late to be integrated into the team on time (Lemina, Cuadrado, Alex Sandro), Draxler was not brought in because of his penny pinching and market opportunity mentality, which made us splurge 11 M on a failure of a player like Hernanes. The less said about his mother fairy sales the better. His problem is that he can only think in terms of good deals, you can't reliably bring in good players every year if that's all you focus on.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
this summer marotta had to:
sell pogba for 100 mil instead of vidal for 37
take berardi instead of splashing 40 on dybala with some guarantees of starting regularly
buy darmian who can play both flanks and not overpay for sandro who has got 1 year left on his contract
keep coman and prolonging a loan of Matri, no Zaza needed
allan and saponara could be nice too
if he took Cuadrado, which was fine, he had to go for Ljaich on another flank and let Hernanes rotting in merda
etc.

utterly pathetic unprofessional job
That's easy to say now that Pogba is underperforming, which is something nobody expected. Let's forget about the money, Berardi could have shown just as much as Dybala has so far, and Matri and Zaza are equally mediocre. Coman was in no way going to make a difference. We are unlucky that both Marchisio and Khedira are injured. Without them and Pogba (even if Vidal was still at Juve), we could have easily gotten the same disastrous results and you could have then said that letting go of the most promising player you have and keeping an injury prone player in Vidal was unprofessional. By not overpaying for Sandro, Marotta could have pulled another Draxler and you would have now complained about that. Also, we didn't need Pogba's money to buy say Draxler. There are some moves by Marotta that I can't wrap my head around (e.g., Coman deal, Zaza and failure to bring in Draxler) but none of them are in any way responsible for the results that we have gotten so far. We lost three key players (Tevez wanted to go, Pirlo had to go and we sold Vidal) and I'm not blaming the management for that, thing is we failed to find adequate replacements for them, which was a hard job to do to be fair, but we could have done better especially with the player we could/must have brought with Vidal's money.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

Apart from from failing to bring TQ Marotta mainly succeded in what seemed to be our objectives for the summer. Getting young and talented LB (we are set for years now), the most promising young forward and CB in Italy and in the end brought Cuadrado, player that will add another dimension to our game. Lemina so far seems like another good signing. Imagine the scenario where we would have failed to bring Dybala or Sandro and entirely relied on 34 yo Evra with Padoin as his 1st sub, Tevez whose contract was bound to expire next summer and also you can raise question how much that kind of player would be motivated to perform, when he set his mind to leave, decision he had been contemplating probably more than a year. The point is we could have done everything differently and there are gazillion various outcomes, but failing to bring TQ isnt the reason for the situation we find ourselves in. The reason I have mentioned TQ is that more than a few times I have seen people bringing up players like Draxler or Gotze as making that much of a difference, asuming we wouldnt be in this state; difference between title challengers and 15th place on the table, which is absurd. There are ofc other dealing during the summer but that one in particular seemed to be preventing Allegri to fully deploy preferred 4-3-1-2. Highly doubt that Vidal would change much here either. We have always known that at one point losing 2-3 key players will become unavoidable and players like Tevez and Pirlo can't guarantee any kind of transfer fee to compensate their contribution of the pitch. Champions. Good coach needs to adapt and find a way with given players, especially since those are some pretty good ones and most managers would have been thrilled if they had been given squad as talented as ours. I would fully understand losing some big ties, especially in the beginning (e.g. Roma, Napoli) where every small detail counts and games are sometimes decided by incidents completely out of hand. But this cant be said for the game against Napoli, where we were completely overrun and never looked like a proper team, when almost every 50/50 ball would find its way to their players feet, where majority of the time players looked bewildered and without any kind of sense as to what their tasks are on the field. This has to do with coaching and setting up the team for the game, mentality is wrong and our confidence has reached rock bottom, since we previously couldnt beat vastly inferior teams. This is where Allegri's blame lies. There can't be any excuse found for obtaining 1 point in the games vs Udinese, Frosinone and Chievo. Unacceptable.

I hope we get out of this pit, I think we will hit the right form and Max might finally set his mind on formation that would bring the most out of players at his disposal (his job), but those first few rounds really exposed some of his weaknesess as a manager.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I can't wait until the identity of our January panic buy is revealed. Exciting times ahead :touched:

Allegri is to blame for the losses to vastly inferior opposition in Udinese & Chievo in addition to that draw against Frosinone. He is also responsible for all those fucking injuries. He needs to be more assertive and vocal. He strikes me as a yes man, which is not a good thing if you are a coach of a club with an illustrious history and winning tradition.

Marotta is responsible for getting rid of too many players at once, failing to get good deals for any of them, not securing a proper TQ (Hernanes was a panic buy, and we even aided Inter by giving them 11 million for a guy they absolutely had no need for and weren't counting on), and vastly overpaying for an incredibly mediocre striker to "appease" Sassuolo and ease the transfer of Berardi (seriously, who the fuck are Sassuolo that we need to pacify them by purchasing Zaza?! :wth: :howler: )

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Agreed

Dealt like a provinciale in the market despite record revenues.€350m ffs.Atlético with far far lesser revenues had a better mercato than us.

Hope this clown is gone by Christmas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 163)