Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
What inflation ?! You serious !

The whole EU are in almost a deflation circle since 2007 !

And the difference is more than 20 mil between our net spending in 2001 summer and this summer transfer.

I have to double check this, but I believe we've broke a club record this summer for the most money this club "ever" spent in 1 summer.

Plus In 2001 we've replaced the best player in the world (zidane) with one of the best defenders in Serie A and Europe in Thuram, the best goalkeeper in Serie A and one of the best in Europe (who eventually became the best keeper in the world for the last 2 decades) in Buffon and the best AM in Serie A (excluding Zidane who left Italy) in Nedved.

I've been around that period and I remember it as if it was yesterday, Moggi hardly had a huge transfer budget to work with during his time in charge of this club with the exception of that 2001 summer but he was a shrewd guy. We hardly felt the difference in squad quality when zidane left because he replaced a top quality player with 3 top players.
Inflation in the football industry ffs.

Just take a look at how average transfer deals, even for the most average of players have increased in fees. Or club revenues. Or wages.

- - - Updated - - -

Only one thing you intentionally forgor, the team has gone a major overhaul and the players the coach got came in late that he barely had the chance to work with and as for the first two matches, he didn't even have the players he asked for (not names in particular but positions he wanted)
That's the reason why I haven't blamed him for our abysmal form the first 3 weeks, but he's got to figure shit out over the course of the whole season.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Who did Allegri ask for specifically? I want names/positions and quotes, JCK, because apparently you are absolutely certain to know Allegri didn't get what he asked for.
No one, he asked for a younger unexperienced squad and wished that we get rid of some of our key players. Marotta delivered.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
No one, he asked for a younger unexperienced squad and wished that we get rid of some of our key players. Marotta delivered.
From FI today:

“It is always difficult to repeat a season like the one we had, so we all decided it was time for a change,” Allegri said to UEFA.com

Hmmm. Yep. Sounds like it was all a one sided decision.

Inb4 you say "well what is he supposed to say?"

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
From FI today:

“It is always difficult to repeat a season like the one we had, so we all decided it was time for a change,” Allegri said to UEFA.com

Hmmm. Yep. Sounds like it was all a one sided decision.

Inb4 you say "well what is he supposed to say?"
Reminds me of "Conte didn't wan".

- - - Updated - - -

Inflation in the football industry ffs.

Just take a look at how average transfer deals, even for the most average of players have increased in fees. Or club revenues. Or wages.

- - - Updated - - -

That's the reason why I haven't blamed him for our abysmal form the first 3 weeks, but he's got to figure shit out over the course of the whole season.
One post you say that with the squad we have we should have won against Udinese and Chievo and the other post you say you won't blame him for these results, who to blame then?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Sure. Can remind you have WII for all I care but he clearly states it was a group decision where everyone agreed in principle what needed to change.

Nice that Allegri can clear up that debate for us once and for all. Both will share the blame. :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

Hell, one could go as far to say marotta gave allegri everything he wanted because we have yet to anything from the coach suggesting otherwise. You could point out how Allegri said he wanted a TQ but he didn't specify any names in particular that he wanted as you can't seem to point out. We signed Hernanes and I think it might be safe to assume if Allegri didn't want him he would have told the board not to sign him.

- - - Updated - - -

But hey, stating that wouldn't fit the narrative of blaming one single individual that acted as a rogue Sporting Director where he used Allegri as a pawn.

Yes. That conspiracy theory where one guy from one of the biggest clubs in Europe acted unilaterally only to expect the coach to turn water into wine.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
One post you say that with the squad we have we should have won against Udinese and Chievo and the other post you say you won't blame him for these results, who to blame then?
Well I said numerous times that I expected us to start slow given the mercato we had, so Marotta mostly. But, as I also said, I can get behind us sacrificing the start of the season as we should come out a lot stronger after an adapting period. Also, I'm not sure I ever said that we should've beaten Udinese & Chievo given that they were our 1st & 3rd fixture, but in ~3 months we should definitely beat teams of that calibre.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
Well I said numerous times that I expected us to start slow given the mercato we had, so Marotta mostly. But, as I also said, I can get behind us sacrificing the start of the season as we should come out a lot stronger after an adapting period. Also, I'm not sure I ever said that we should've beaten Udinese & Chievo given that they were our 1st & 3rd fixture, but in ~3 months we should definitely beat teams of that calibre.
But can we afford ~3 months, Inter are already flying, yes i know they can still choke come mid season, and yes I would love it if we dont have that January-February slump if it meant giving away 8 points from the start, but how can we guarantee that, with the injuries that constantly happen, the fans getting frustrated. I am still confident, but we really cant lose anymore points and a win vs City is essential!

I just hope that Allegri get that starting formation as soon as possible with our best players. I really feel that Tevez is the one guy that should have stayed, f*ck! the combo of him with Pogba would have made things much easier for the new guys.

electricRoo

Feb 27, 2011
This whole sacrificing the first few months just so that the next few months are flying high and high performing sounds like rationalization. Things don't work like that, the more we lose, the more pressure will our players be under, the more difficult it will be to get out of our crisis. Being this shitty early on was not part of the plan.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Annoys me when people talk like this is a finished squad.
There is still enough quality in the lineup atleast to beat the likes of Chievo and Udinese at home.
Even Conte's weaker team(on paper) got off to a flyer in the first 3-4 games.
This new look team needs a kick in the ass now.Resting on Juve's laurels thinking serie a will be easy because it isn't.
Time will tell if Allegri can do that.Its well noted man management and motivating the players is one of his weaker areas.
Truth be told,in this kind of situation where you are moving into a new cycle/transitioning,a Conte type coach would've been much more ideal.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Annoys me when people talk like this is a finished squad.
There is still enough quality in the lineup atleast to beat the likes of Chievo and Udinese at home.
Even Conte's weaker team(on paper) got off to a flyer in the first 3-4 games.
This new look team needs a kick in the ass now.Resting on Juve's laurels thinking serie a will be easy because it isn't.
Time will tell if Allegri can do that.Its well noted man management and motivating the players is one of his weaker areas.
Truth be told,in this kind of situation where you are moving into a new cycle/transitioning,a Conte type coach would've been much more ideal.
Worst beginning since ever after a year ucl final squad + A lots of injuries... Thats why. Easy two understand...

Hopefully wins come and turn page.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Wonder how simeone achieves great results when his team loses stars every yr while bringing in inferior replacements.

I really wonder how you know..

enzo

May 14, 2012
But can we afford ~3 months, Inter are already flying, yes i know they can still choke come mid season, and yes I would love it if we dont have that January-February slump if it meant giving away 8 points from the start, but how can we guarantee that, with the injuries that constantly happen, the fans getting frustrated. I am still confident, but we really cant lose anymore points and a win vs City is essential!

I just hope that Allegri get that starting formation as soon as possible with our best players. I really feel that Tevez is the one guy that should have stayed, f*ck! the combo of him with Pogba would have made things much easier for the new guys.
In three months we will have time to focus on Serie A, since we won't play in Europe anymore.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Inter are off to a great start and they can just concentrate solely on the league as the they don't have Europe to contend with.

True they might crack under the pressure as the title race heats up but what's to say that we won't either?

Last years Juve were mentally strong and could go to the like of the San Siro and take away all 3 points but with this Juve im not quite sure.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013

That is my concern and has been since before the start of the season. Especially with the CL group we've got.

- - - Updated - - -

That is my concern and has been since before the start of the season. Especially with the CL group we've got.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)