Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
On a deal by deal basis it does seem we over paid for zaza and dybala, still need an AM, and under-sold on vidal, tevez and llorente. But whether that Mercato is a success or not will be determined by our results. As long as we go past the group stage and win Serie A, I'll call it a successful window and the few extra mills we could have made would be irrelevant to me.

Barca built the best club in the world while making some huge very expensive mistakes on the market. Recall Ibra, Eto, and Chygyrynsky for instance and them not buying defenders for the longest time even though they seemed like they needed many. With the results that Barca got, I doubt any barca fan is too upset over eto or Ibra's deals. These mistakes become irrelevant in the big picture.

Similarly, If we achieve great results I dont care about the few ten mills that could have been saved by better selling or more efficient buying.
Well yeah, obvs results are what matters. And i dont mind if we miss the AM signing as long as allegri makes good use fo what we have and try new things (dybala as treq for example). I would not mind one little bit tbh, even by losing draxler gotze and the rest. BUT , as of today...we surely cannotbe happy with whats going on. And this confusion will for sure put pressure on allegri to deliver...and ho knows..like baggioo said, there could be a misunderstanding or a different view of the mercato between the board and coach...and lets hope is not the case.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
"miss that am"

Read past 5 pages of Draxler thread tbh
Im aware of that, but like always.. i dont believe until its official. This saga has been dragged to much to be fapping right now.

Also, i have my doubts over him.. but if Allegri demanded him.. ill give him the benefit of doubt.

Its just that i dont know if this guy will have the impact we want in juve... but lets see

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I think Zaza is motivated to be an italy international and a champ. I doubt he will be happy after 2 years warming benches left and right.

He will not go the zalayeta path
Zaza a champ :howler: You can have all the desire and motivation in the world, but if you aren't good enough, then you simply aren't good enough. Zaza has some way to go before he can even be considered Zalayeta's equal.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
10 mil net spend is not overpaying for Zaza.

Tevez forced us into a deal, Boca was $#@!ting it up. We could have said "$#@! off" and Tevez would have just refused to return.
We let go of Llorente to get rid of his wages. We bought for free, we let go for free

Dybala was not "overpaid". We would have never ever been able to get him for a good deal. We would have been outbid if we didnt went immediatly for him. This was the only way to get him, simple as that.
Dyabala was on the last year of his contract and had one good season in Serie A. This is not a young Aguero, Draxler, Gotze or Griezman who all had plenty of top level first team football and are seen as the future of their national teams. I am not aware of a major bidding war amongst the rich clubs over him. 40 million is an expensive transfer especially for a young unproven kid. Ozil for instance went for 50 mills and thats after many years of world class football with both the NT and Madrid. ATM bought Griezzman (who has far more experience than Dybala has) and was drawing attention from EPL clubs for 30 mills. So again 40 million is a lot of money for a youngster let alone one who has one year left on his contract and one good season in Serie A. If he does turn out to be world class then you'd think we did not over pay but the same applies if we had paid 50 or 60 and he did turn out to be the next aguero.

On Llorente, how much we paid for him does not matter. Its not like you expected us to rescind his contract. Everyone here was expecting at least 7-10 mills for him including yourself. That is under selling. We paid nothing to get him but that also applies to Pogba and I doubt anyone would be happy with him walking out for free.

He is still a very good striker his value now certainly is not a zero. Management let him go to release his wages to cut down on expenses but that again applies to any player we have. You can sell a player to release his wages but you dont have to give him away for no transfer fee at all.

Similarly, Tevez is not worth nothing. We bought him for 9 mills when he was benched for over a year, city was kicking him out and no one else wanted him. After two extremely successful seasons, Tevez's valuation should be a lot higher than 9 mills let alone zero. He is not a potato. I do understand he had marotta by the balls and was determined to leave to Boca in specific but its marotta's job to negotiate with him and with boca. Giving him for free again is giving another expensive gift.

I do not understand the whole Zaza situation. They paid us 8 million for him then we paid them 18 but really he is part of the berrardi deal where we gave berrardi to them on the cheap and will buy him back a little more expensive but less than his real valuation whatever that means. What the hell is going on? Why would we do all of that I dont understand? add to that the mess from last week were we wanted to sell zaza for 18 million to westham or send him out on loan.

Explain to me your theory about whats going on with Zaza by himself, how that relates to the Berardi deal and what motivation did we have to make this extremely convoluted plan

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Serious question, if we end up having a crap season (crashing out from the group stage in the CL and not winning serie A title) who would you blame for this, Allegri or Marotta ?

I believe that Allegri will eventually be blamed for the results. No one will look back and say, Allegri was not given the set of players he requested. He'll be our scapegoat that's for sure.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Serious question, if we end up having a crap season (crashing out from the group stage in the CL and not winning serie A title) who would you blame for this, Allegri or Marotta ?

I believe that Allegri will eventually be blamed for the results. No one will look back and say, Allegri was not given the set of players he requested. He'll be our scapegoat that's for sure.
Too many what-ifs. We don't know how the coach will coach, how the players will play, etc.

It's ridiculous to try to answer something so full of conjecture and so lacking in facts at this time.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009

Whatever judgment that gets passed it should be the same for both. If we do buy an AM and still don't reach our targets they both get blame. Naturally its Allegri who gets sacked not the transfer director.

Things should be fine. We had a terribly out of form vidal and pereyra as AMs last year and we reached the final. We downgraded in quality a little so I'll be happy with anything beyond the group stage as long as we dont get humiliated or exit to a small team.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Dyabala was on the last year of his contract and had one good season in Serie A. This is not a young Aguero, Draxler, Gotze or Griezman who all had plenty of top level first team football and are seen as the future of their national teams. I am not aware of a major bidding war amongst the rich clubs over him. 40 million is an expensive transfer especially for a young unproven kid. Ozil for instance went for 50 mills and thats after many years of world class football with both the NT and Madrid. ATM bought Griezzman (who has far more experience than Dybala has) and was drawing attention from EPL clubs for 30 mills. So again 40 million is a lot of money for a youngster let alone one who has one year left on his contract and one good season in Serie A. If he does turn out to be world class then you'd think we did not over pay but the same applies if we had paid 50 or 60 and he did turn out to be the next aguero.

On Llorente, how much we paid for him does not matter. Its not like you expected us to rescind his contract. Everyone here was expecting at least 7-10 mills for him including yourself. That is under selling. We paid nothing to get him but that also applies to Pogba and I doubt anyone would be happy with him walking out for free.

He is still a very good striker his value now certainly is not a zero. Management let him go to release his wages to cut down on expenses but that again applies to any player we have. You can sell a player to release his wages but you dont have to give him away for no transfer fee at all.

Similarly, Tevez is not worth nothing. We bought him for 9 mills when he was benched for over a year, city was kicking him out and no one else wanted him. After two extremely successful seasons, Tevez's valuation should be a lot higher than 9 mills let alone zero. He is not a potato. I do understand he had marotta by the balls and was determined to leave to Boca in specific but its marotta's job to negotiate with him and with boca. Giving him for free again is giving another expensive gift.

I do not understand the whole Zaza situation. They paid us 8 million for him then we paid them 18 but really he is part of the berrardi deal where we gave berrardi to them on the cheap and will buy him back a little more expensive but less than his real valuation whatever that means. What the hell is going on? Why would we do all of that I dont understand? add to that the mess from last week were we wanted to sell zaza for 18 million to westham or send him out on loan.

Explain to me your theory about whats going on with Zaza by himself, how that relates to the Berardi deal and what motivation did we have to make this extremely convoluted plan
This pretty much sums up our market though missed the bit where we get rid of vidal.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Hist, dybala was a brilliant move. Im sorry.
If he doesn't explode then its a terrible move.
If he does then its a good move not a brilliant one.

Pirlo was a brilliant move. Tevez was a brilliant move. Vidal and Barzagli. 40 Mill is the kind of money you pay for the guaranteed product. So if it does pay off then its a good move. If he really is the next Messi then I'll say its brilliant.

Barca buying Neymar for almost a 100 mill is not a brilliant move.. its the guaranteed product. It worked very well. Its a good move.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)