IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Serie A can get really rich it it sexes up the TV product for the rest of europe and asia

We need to get teams like Palermo Genoa et al on the TV, there's no reason why we can't get near the EPL in 5 years time.

The FIGC should give me a job.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
What is this forum made of? A bunch of idiots?

What the hell do you expect Marotta to say? "Yes, next summer we will buy star players". That would be an open invitation to other clubs to treat us like they treat Man City. If they know that we'll buy one, or two star players, they would have no problem squeezing our budgets dry.

Come on people, I know we are fans, and we expect to hear nice words coming out of Marotta's mouth. But don't you see that anything that comes out of his mouth is there for EVERYBODY to hear, not just the fans??
+rep.:tup:

The FIGC should give me a job.
:agree:

Apr 17, 2009
One thing I was hoping someone could clear up for me.

We have like 6 or so loans with the option to buy at the end of the season. Has the money for the purchase options already been set aside out of this years budget so we can purchase who we want at the end of the season? Or will it have to come out of next years budget?

khalidkassim

Feb 2, 2007
One thing I was hoping someone could clear up for me.

We have like 6 or so loans with the option to buy at the end of the season. Has the money for the purchase options already been set aside out of this years budget so we can purchase who we want at the end of the season? Or will it have to come out of next years budget?

Clubs giving us players on loan and receiving a portion of the players overall value initially I can see us setting money aside for. Players straight on loan will probably come out of a pot of money we have set aside for a certain quota of impressive players on their loan spells. Whereas any surprises or an increase in the quota may have to eat out of our transfer budget for the upcoming summer transfer window.

If we consider how much we've left aside and how much we'll spend next summer I estimate anywhere between 40 and 70 million Euro's will be spent depending on how successful the club is. 40 if we maintain last seasons level and do not make it for the CL and 70 if we end up in one of the top two spots next season.

Some may say if we are successful we'll find there is no need to reinforce the squad as greatly but that is only the case when the level and quality of the competitions you are in is held constant year over year. Next year if we are as successful as I hope and predict we'll be shooting for a scudetto and at least a quarter final spot in the CL. We need depth in quality and the players signed this year will be used for just that (with the exception of Krasic and Bonucci).

khalidkassim

Feb 2, 2007
khalid kassim - first time to see the name!
Welcome man! or should I say welcome back!
Thanks, I've been following juventuz.com from its .net days and juventus since 94. juve is my life but Im not a very active forum person hence the crappy title I have and my lack of an avatar. I love the insight I get from our group...once again thanks for the warm welcome (back).

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Oh, thats disappointing to hear. Why the fuck do we despise star players? Whats wrong with having star players on your team? And what happens if this team with the less important players isn't even close to the Scudetto or god forbid doesn't even make it to the CL?(And if we do make it, we're not strong enough anyway) Do we still go out and sign 4-5 average players?

They should stop fucking around and aim higher next time.
We signed, during the summer, one of the most exciting defensive prospects in italy...and also, a very highly rated serbian winger. Krasic seems to have star player potential...he did before he came to us. Bonucci is potenitally going to be a star also.

Those two signings were not of 'less important players'.

Remember we were also after dzeko, one of the most highly rated strikers in europe...he wanted to come to us, and we wanted him. It was the wolfsburg director, hoeness???, who fucked that up for us and him.

Considering we are not in the champions league this season, I am happy with our mercato. Two very promising players in bonucci and krasic. An extremely hard working Pepe. A bit of flair in Martinez...Quag to add some flair and intelligence to the front line...my only criticisms, were of our abject failure to properly address our most obvious of problems, which are at both fullback positions. Its impossible for anyone to say, that there is no hope for Traore proving brilliant. he simply remains unproven, not just with us, but also at arsenal. Motta is an improvement on zebina, and is young enough to be improved through decent training....So we have two MAYBES, for fixes to our most painful problems.

Other than that, I see our mercato as intelligently driven and worked through.

You are taking his words far too literally. Unless you honestly see Bonucci and Krasic as 'less important' players. I do not.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
:lol: What simple minded bullshit, but I'll humour you, as it seems you don't have anything else to add.
It isn't simple-minded at all. You keep presenting stuff you propose as fact despite it being proven WRONG by Inter. Their recent success shows you don't need Italian speakers or Serie A-proven players to be successful, even though we might wish that would be the case.

We don't have a world class coach
Yet we still have players who want to join us because of our name, not the program or manager. Krasic is one of them... he wanted to join Juve based on our name and that he felt he would get more of a chance here, which is correct for various reasons.

So no, I'm not sure how a world class coach comes into play here. As you said yourself, we can't afford world class players anyway... supposedly.

We don't have the pulling power (maybe money) for a world class coach, that has been made clear over the last 3 years
It might not be capital-related. But even so, we could still bring in a decent foreign talent like Krasic. So that sort of debunks your thesis.

And these points have nothing to do with us achieving success with or without Italian-speakers or Serie A-proven players, mind you. You are only trying to make the argument as to why we cannot buy them, which at this point is dodgy at best.

We don't have the money to make the signings Inter do
Yes, but nobody said we did. And since we don't, why do we keep paying a premium for Serie A players who will naturally command higher transfer fees because we have to purchase them from the likes of Viola, Napoli, and Udinese... some of which are our rivals? This is a pretty simple concept here, the law of supply and demand.

So while you are right in above statement, this doesn't mean we can't buy good foreign players, or players outside Serie A we deem to be talented. And again, it doesn't prove that we will be more successful with Italian-based players either. But before people jump on me, I'm not opposed to talented players based in Italy or who are Italian... keyword talented.

We don't have the pulling power to sign the caliber of players Inter do from overseas
Krasic disproves this, along with only rumors about Dzeko. So try again, JJ.

We no longer have the monopoly on the better young players and standouts from previous Serie A seasons
This is probably true. But then why wouldn't we look for talents outside of Italy in lesser leagues? Wouldn't that make sense, at least to try to restore our pull on young Serie A talents?

But wait. Why would young Serie A players want to come here when they'll immediately get loaned? Side issue, don't respond to that.

We haven't signed just Italian players
So did you just revoke some of your points above? Yes, we signed Krasic, which disproves some of your theories above. You can't have it both ways, brohan.

Obviously, most of the players we signed are Italian. I'd have no problem with that if they were all very talented, but they don't seem to be. I don't have to remind you how poor the Azzurri was this summer, which wasn't just because of some poor personnel, but it still must be addressed. I will retract my opinions on these players if they prove me wrong, which is only fair.

We haven't signed just Serie A players
Which goes against some points you made above.

We do have to sign hungry players who are either on the younger side or who come from smaller clubs or leagues

We do have to develope those players

We will make mistakes because of that
Agreed. +REP

Most of Inter's recent buys come from Serie A, fact. Need I even remind people about how successful Inter's overseas purchasing spree was prior to Farsopoli? Apparently I do :lol: But sure, Inter are our role model here.
I never said they should be our "role-model". That would be just silly on multiple levels. All I'm claiming is that they have proven you don't need a team filled with Italians, Italian-speakers, or proven Serie A players to be successful. That's just unfortunately a fact now, as pathetic it may be for such a team of degenerate maggots.

Inter did well because they had a world class coach and top class players who suited that coach or who he could otherwise mould into his setup. Players with incredible experience, especially in Serie A, but also the overseas signings they did make were of the caliber of Eto'o, Sneijder and Lucio, the type of massively experienced players playing for top sides that we have NO CHANCE of signing. Everything about Inter is experience.
But that's just not true, dude. Dzeko apparently even said that he would sign for us. We actually had a decent base of players before this summer, something that simply needed to be supplemented by quality.

You criticize Inter for what they happen to be from a squad perspective, yet we are taking Inter-like steps by replacing half the squad during the summer, throwing certain players away after one season, et cetera. You guys HAVE to show a bit of care in this regard.

Inter's basic 2009-10 squad:

All the players bolded are either Italian and/or experienced in Serie A. So experienced in fact that they have over 3,300 Serie A games between them in their careers. Average age? Nearly 29 years, even with Balotelli, Santon and my generous inclusion of Krhin.

Quaresma was a flop. The players who are not bolded came from Bayern Munich, Barcelona and Real Madrid respectively. Another 750 games from those three in their club careers, dozens of international caps for strong sides. They are not even close to the sort of players we can attract because of the above. Languages spoken? All but those three spoke Italian by the start of last season.

This is a squad that has been built over years, and with the aid of Farsopoli has been able to ingrain a winning mentality. If you say Inter are the blueprint for our future success I'd say yes they are, experienced players who have a lot of Serie A experience. The reality is that right now we are years away from being back to that level, something you clearly have a problem understanding. But we can do well another way.
Many of those players, like Cambiasshole, Zanetti, Cordoba, Maicon, and Quaresma were not Serie A proven before signing with Inter. Same with Sneijder and Eto'o. So you are actually being intentionally misleading here. Only a minority of players signed from foreign leagues were flops in Inter, Quaresma being the obvious one.

But look at the others, man. Look at 'em. Most have done well. Some of them were nobodies to a Serie A fan beforehand. Cambiasshole and Sneijder were essentially Real rejects.

Most of them arrived from other leagues, most of them did not speak Italian fluently before landing a job in Milan, and most of them are not Italian. Even if we do not have a great manager, that does not mean someone from Serie A will out-perform another player from another league. Just because a player doesn't speak Italian does not mean they will have poor performances compared to a player who speaks the language fluently. And even if certain experience does help a player, it doesn't mean the experience they received in Serie A outweighs experience elsewhere. You simply cannot promote these arguments as fact when they are clearly not fact.

But hey, I'll give you credit for the response. That was a long one. :toast:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It isn't simple-minded at all. You keep presenting stuff you propose as fact despite it being proven WRONG by Inter. Their recent success shows you don't need Italian speakers or Serie A-proven players to be successful, even though we might wish that would be the case.

Yet we still have players who want to join us because of our name, not the program or manager. Krasic is one of them... he wanted to join Juve based on our name and that he felt he would get more of a chance here, which is correct for various reasons.

So no, I'm not sure how a world class coach comes into play here. As you said yourself, we can't afford world class players anyway... supposedly.

It might not be capital-related. But even so, we could still bring in a decent foreign talent like Krasic. So that sort of debunks your thesis.

And these points have nothing to do with us achieving success with or without Italian-speakers or Serie A-proven players, mind you. You are only trying to make the argument as to why we cannot buy them, which at this point is dodgy at best.

Yes, but nobody said we did. And since we don't, why do we keep paying a premium for Serie A players who will naturally command higher transfer fees because we have to purchase them from the likes of Viola, Napoli, and Udinese... some of which are our rivals? This is a pretty simple concept here, the law of supply and demand.

So while you are right in above statement, this doesn't mean we can't buy good foreign players, or players outside Serie A we deem to be talented. And again, it doesn't prove that we will be more successful with Italian-based players either. But before people jump on me, I'm not opposed to talented players based in Italy or who are Italian... keyword talented.

Krasic disproves this, along with only rumors about Dzeko. So try again, JJ.

This is probably true. But then why wouldn't we look for talents outside of Italy in lesser leagues? Wouldn't that make sense, at least to try to restore our pull on young Serie A talents?

But wait. Why would young Serie A players want to come here when they'll immediately get loaned? Side issue, don't respond to that.

So did you just revoke some of your points above? Yes, we signed Krasic, which disproves some of your theories above. You can't have it both ways, brohan.

Obviously, most of the players we signed are Italian. I'd have no problem with that if they were all very talented, but they don't seem to be. I don't have to remind you how poor the Azzurri was this summer, which wasn't just because of some poor personnel, but it still must be addressed. I will retract my opinions on these players if they prove me wrong, which is only fair.

Which goes against some points you made above.

Agreed. +REP

I never said they should be our "role-model". That would be just silly on multiple levels. All I'm claiming is that they have proven you don't need a team filled with Italians, Italian-speakers, or proven Serie A players to be successful. That's just unfortunately a fact now, as pathetic it may be for such a team of degenerate maggots.

But that's just not true, dude. Dzeko apparently even said that he would sign for us. We actually had a decent base of players before this summer, something that simply needed to be supplemented by quality.

You criticize Inter for what they happen to be from a squad perspective, yet we are taking Inter-like steps by replacing half the squad during the summer, throwing certain players away after one season, et cetera. You guys HAVE to show a bit of care in this regard.

Many of those players, like Cambiasshole, Zanetti, Cordoba, Maicon, and Quaresma were not Serie A proven before signing with Inter. Same with Sneijder and Eto'o. So you are actually being intentionally misleading here. Only a minority of players signed from foreign leagues were flops in Inter, Quaresma being the obvious one.

But look at the others, man. Look at 'em. Most have done well. Some of them were nobodies to a Serie A fan beforehand. Cambiasshole and Sneijder were essentially Real rejects.

Most of them arrived from other leagues, most of them did not speak Italian fluently before landing a job in Milan, and most of them are not Italian. Even if we do not have a great manager, that does not mean someone from Serie A will out-perform another player from another league. Just because a player doesn't speak Italian does not mean they will have poor performances compared to a player who speaks the language fluently. And even if certain experience does help a player, it doesn't mean the experience they received in Serie A outweighs experience elsewhere. You simply cannot promote these arguments as fact when they are clearly not fact.

But hey, I'll give you credit for the response. That was a long one. :toast:
Ok well without turning this into a huge quote fest I'll reply in short. I think the stats and points I provided clearly show that Serie A experience is important, but general experience is also key to winning titles. The old Juve showed that, Inter have shown that, Milan have shown that, Chelsea, it's key. Right now I don't think we are in the market for high end 28/29 year old players, we need a leap in stature. Decent foreign players like Krasic sure, guys we can develop, but not the signings Inter make. I don't think the Krasic's signing shows we can compete with Inter, Krasic and Dzeko are the maximum we can aim for right now, very good players at smaller sides. Eto'o, Lucio, Sneijder, not right now. You must see the difference between these players. Not just ability, but their standing in the game. I haven't revoked my points, I said Serie A experience is important, but isn't necessary for every player.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Our name ?
most non juventus fans and players remind the calciopoli rather then the impressive show we put up in the 90ties and mid '00ies
its not whole gone, but its nothing like a few years ago

Krasic ?
The reason we signed krasic isnt because of pulling power, its because he is a fan of nedved and juventus.
If he wasent he wouldnt be here

we indeed dont have the money like inter, else dzeko would play here, and we'd kept diego cause we could actually have him on our wage budget.

Pulling power ?
dzeko want away from germany and krasic is a juventus/nedved fan. however, take a look at the numerous attempts at fullbacks we made, and how many turned us down.
bastos, tremoulinas, clinchy,vargas,... if inter wanted to get them, they would have. we inquired and got turned down by club and playeragent

seria a and italian players ?

first, we dont have finances or pulling power this year to sign 28 year champions, so we need to buy undiscovered talents or players that balance the team.
without expirience, most of the foreigners take a while to settle in the serie a. melo, diego, tiago etc are all proof of this.
however, if you sign italian players, or serie a expirienced players, you dont have this problem, and you dont get language issues at the back.

i offcourse agree that one you do got the pulling power, you should allways sign the player that would improve the team the most, and FITS in our MENTALITY . regardless where he comes from.

on a side note : stating we are an italjuve, could possibly have a good effect in growt of fanbase if they do well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 78)