swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
4years. And the first year he spent over 100m in a single market window
Why are you bitching about something that happened over three years ago? That's like bitching now about going out at the group stages of the Europa League against Man City and Lech Poznań.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
What would it take for him to leave ?? I am afraid we will be stuck with him for a long long time !!

- - - Updated - - -

What would it take for him to leave ?? I am afraid we will be stuck with him for a long long time !!

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Good post, Pedro.

I would only point out that there were an awful lot of people against the 'no-brainer' Pirlo deal.
That's what I actually said Red. Today it looks obvious, but it was not a no-brainer as many tend to think now. Pirlo really seemed to be washed up. He came with big salaries. It was a high risk high reward gamble. It was an absolutely crucial move to Juve's reborn.

- - - Updated - - -

:tup: We need more posts like this. That extensiveness and great memory, instead of myopia.
thanks buddy :)

- - - Updated - - -

5.5+5.5 for Sturaro is over priced ........ i'm speechless. Specially cause we left him on free loan to Genoa for this season.
Pereyra for 15m??!? my gosh...
Morats 20?!?!? i don't care if Real has a recompra options but what's the point of this crap?!? If he is good he goes back to Real for 12m if he is crap we spent 20m.............
All i can see here and for this mercato windows is just the excuse for Conte.
We spent 40,5 + 5,5 for those 3 young players when we could have taken a world class proven player. This is Madness!!!
And if they end up selling Vidal as well........ my god from stars to crap.
Unbelievable!
Sturaro looks overpaid, but not that much actually. It's a fixed 5.5M in 3 years. This makes a lot of difference. He was loaned out for Juve's own interest, they want to develop the guy in Serie A. As co-owns are gone, bonuses are the way to motivate loanee teams to play the players. Part of the bonus will only be paid depending on the performance of the guy for Genoa, another part depending on his performance for Juve.

If he ends a complete bust, we'll probably have paid 5.5M in 3 years for a young guy who will be loaned again to be developed. It's less than 2M/year investment, with a low salary guy. So the financial effort isn't that big in the end. If the guy is worth of Juve, 11M for a 21yr old Italian CM with potential with 2 Series A under his belt is quite understandable nowadays.

Morata was a very high gamble by Marotta, who gambled twice: to bet he will fulfill this 20M potential having played little in high level football; and that he won't want to go back to Madrid. He is definitely overpaid, but I want to wait to see his potential to have my definite say on it. If he has really stellar potential, this could be worthy.

Pereyra's price will actually be around 12M. Sorensen was surplus to requirements and his value to Juve is next to nothing. I agree it's too much, but I also want to wait to see him play to judge it better.

So far we definitely commited to spend 26.5M in this mercato, more or less the same amount we got selling players. 11M for Pereyra is due to next year.

- - - Updated - - -

Who cares i'm gutted from all this crap.

Maybe people don't realize that (and i'll repeat it to death) WE SPENT 40 FCKING MILLIONS FOR 3 YOUNGSTERS UNPROVEN $#@!TY PLAYERS! While we could have gotten Sanchez or true world class player for that sum. Fuk sake and there are still people adoring Marotta like some kind of God.

In the PAST 6YEARS JUVENTUS SPENT OVER 300MILLIONS in players. We're behind only to Real and Barca! Not even Bayern spent so much. But it's all good guys. We won 3 championship and everything cool. While other teams with those money played big in Europe (while we sucked so hard in the last few years) and still we're left with Vidal and Pogba being our only talents. And what's more one of them going to be sold this year and the other one the next year.

HAPPY MANAGMENT FROM MAROTTA HUHHU?!?!?!
Well, I'm pretty sure Arsenal paid 40M for Sanchez upfront or in 2 installments at most. We can't do that. We can't cover that offer. Also Pereyra and Morata's salaries together are much less than Sanchez's. Salaries are as important as or even more important than transfer fees.

I really don't think we can blame Marotta for not getting Sanchez. He was just above Juventus possibilities.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
In my book Barzagli was the most suprising and well made coup of all, like insanely so. Solely because of his extremely matured and improved version of him we got for basically nothing (super glad Fiorentina passed up on him after Palermo, would never gotten him from them), compared to not so good but ok defender I saw him as in his younger days. Pirlo free, Pogba free, Llorente, Tevez and Vidal low fees for their quality with all due respect, but they were all players to bring you hope for more and something to build up due to past quality showings or raw extreme potential (in Pogba's case), even if yes I disctinctively recall the naysayers on the Pirlo deal. But Barzagli, hot damn, what a fucking signing. I was frustrated when we signed him because he was oh so slow, error prone and bit inconsistent in Palermo (bit formidably promising in Chievo though). Instead we got this fucking calm and calculating beast of a defender since then.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
It was :D But its still the best signing for me, just due to the sheer improvement. Tells you alot of the importance of maturity and experience for a defender.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
i am sick of hearing about how instead of spending 40million on morata and whoever, we should have signed sanchez.

it doesn't work that way for a simple reason. the other clubs that can spend that money can go to a bidding war.

if juve had 40 million to spend, then madrid would start a bidding war, the then arsenal would outbid juve anyway. sanchez wouldn't cost 40 million, but 50 million or 60 million

i hope you unwashed peasants understand.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Have a bad feeling about this season, can't help but think that Conte was the main guy for all our success for the past 3 years.

That 7th position season with Del Neri under the same Marotta is the worrying factor.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Have a bad feeling about this season, can't help but think that Conte was the main guy for all our success for the past 3 years.

That 7th position season with Del Neri under the same Marotta is the worrying factor.
We had a disfunctional team at that time. Not to say Marotta is some sort of genius now but then the team was build by legendary Secco.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012

I wrote this exactly on several threads on this forum.The main thing is that Alegri is yes saying coach only ,he can't nearly motivate the players as Conte did.Also the main issue here is his authority over our star players.He kickc Pirlo,how do we expect Pirlo to be at his best.Yes,he is a professional but emotions are emotions.Tevez is also a problem.He was working like a mule under Conte and now he may go to Argentina to play golf with his uncle (like he did with Mancini).Very bad feeling at all.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I actually don't see the issue with Allegri being a yes-man really. It's not like Conte highly influenced the players that were bought in. he probably asked for a certain type of player and got the budget deals until he got fed up and left (nothing confirmed, just the most logical explanation in my opinion). So what would happen with Allegri is that he won't complain about what Marotta would bring him. And seeing how things are right now, Allegri has a very strong squad.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Allegri has a strong squad indeed and it's up to him to deliever.
I trust him,he's no rookie,he has done nice things in past and gained a massive experience in Milano.he deserves and needs our support imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)