Furino

Dec 31, 2012
Matri is a decent player. It was stupid for Milan to buy him, given the gaping holes in other areas in their squad, but thier current misery is not in any way his fault.
Yeah, sure. It's not like he is playing there only because of his fan, Allegri. If he is decent - and he wasn't in Juve period - he should show that on the pitch right now. And now go ask Milan fans about Matri level.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
It is true though that you can't really expect Matri to perform well when the entire team is shit. But yeah, Milan definitely got the short end of the stick there.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I think Milan (probably the sentimental Galliani) expected he would come in confident mode, being a fan and all, but he had a bad start and it has just extended his bad form from Juve. If he had scored a couple of those chances early on then it might be different, but Matri is a technically average player, so if he's not putting the ball in the net he does tend to look a bit crap.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Yeah, sure. It's not like he is playing there only because of his fan, Allegri. If he is decent - and he wasn't in Juve period - he should show that on the pitch right now. And now go ask Milan fans about Matri level.
Matri was decent at Juve in my book. Scored some crucial goals if I remember correctly ;)
But he needs service and confidence to score, both of which Milan completely lacks at the moment.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
But he needs service and confidence to score, both of which Milan completely lacks at the moment.
This. I don't even think someone like Llorente, who is a better player than Matri, would be doing well in this Milan. If they don't have good creative players, it doesn't matter who's up front.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)