Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Why do you guys think we weren't all over Ljajic? I get that we're pretty stacked but Ljajic very much fits what we're trying to do in this club. Young, available for a very low price, much less than his real market value. He's just a step or two away from becoming a world beater, his value doubling and one of those players teams would pay 30m+ for to acquire and would fit in perfectly as an offensive midfielder in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 if Conte ever had plans of going in that direction which he has talked about in the past. The core of Ljajic, Pogba and Vidal would set the future.

I'm not saying we did wrong or anything, I'm just surprised since I think that this deal had Marotta written all over it.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He seems like an immature little prick, that may have been a reason. Conte did not want (perhaps?).

And as you say, he fits formations with a four man defense....

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
And as you say, he fits formations with a four man defense.
And wingers, which we don't have.

Signing Ljajic would be surprising. Not skipping on him.

--

Suns, I have no idea why are you saying such. Just a moment ago you have pointed out the obvious in Nani thread.

This transfer still makes zero sense. There is no place for him in our team. If we plan on switching to 4-3-3 that means that we still lack one other quality winger. Vucinic and Giovinco don't have the work rate Conte expects from a winger while Pepe at this point can't be counted on.

And also, we have no LB to make this formation work. And don't even get me started on benching one of our defenders that make this team so successful.

It all makes no sense.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
And wingers, which we don't have.

Signing Ljajic would be surprising. Not skipping on him.

--

Suns, I have no idea why are you saying such. Just a moment ago you have pointed out the obvious in Nani thread.
I'm very much for the 3-5-2, don't get me wrong. Unlike other people I think the 3-5-2 gives us a unique edge.

But, Ljajic available for that price looked like something Marotta would be all over. Our new strategy(which I'm very much enjoying) seems to be to get quality players on Bosman or signing players on their last year of contract for a huge bargain. Ljajic is exactly that. And not only that, but financially his value will go up and he's very young.

And who knows, with Pirlo getting up in age maybe we need to switch it up and find that creative spark from an offensive midfielder instead of a regista.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Is it wrong for me to say that I'm rooting for Milan so that they can get Matri off of our hands?

Is that wrong?

and @Suns, it's all about formation flexibility my man, and a talent like Nani who is still only 26 is too good of an opportunity to pass up.

In regards to Llajic, remember, we would have been dealing with Fiorentina, and we all know how well the relationship is between the two clubs.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Is it wrong for me to say that I'm rooting for Milan so that they can get Matri off of our hands?

Is that wrong?
:agree: yes sir it is wrong, cause there is 0 chance milan going to pay us a fair price for Matri.

Likely scenario is, they'll loan him from us for a couple of seasons until his contract expires with us (Melo case).

And I got a feeling that Marotta will fall for this (if it happen) again !!

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Summer of 2013:

Sells Giac for 7,5 million, buys Tevez for 9.

When responding to Real Madrid only uses one word: "no".

Convinces his gentleman rival Galliani to take off his tie.

Goes full Hulk when celebrating goal against Lazio in Supercoppa.

Sells Matri for 11 million, buys Nani for 13.

:beppe:

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
If he manages to sell a player like Matri at 12mil and sign Nani at 13 after what he's done this mercato, I think it would be fair to ban anyone who badmouths the Great Man.

May 22, 2007
Beppe.

“We will fight it out with Galatasaray, who are a strong side. They did well in the Champions League last season and recently won the Super Cup.

“It won’t be easy to play in Istanbul, but we will go there and do our best. With Real Madrid we’ll try to fight them on an even keel.”

“Matri? We’ve always said six strikers were too many, there is the Milan opportunity and we will evaluate it. The matter has already progressed quite far. If Matri leaves, then Fabio Quagliarella will remain.

“Nani extended his contract with Manchester United and we never negotiated for him.”

“Real Madrid President Florentino Perez asked about him (Pogba), but there are no negotiations. We have no intention of selling him, as he has not yet expressed his full potential.”

abstract

Mar 3, 2012
Beppe.

“We will fight it out with Galatasaray, who are a strong side. They did well in the Champions League last season and recently won the Super Cup.

“It won’t be easy to play in Istanbul, but we will go there and do our best. With Real Madrid we’ll try to fight them on an even keel.”

“Matri? We’ve always said six strikers were too many, there is the Milan opportunity and we will evaluate it. The matter has already progressed quite far. If Matri leaves, then Fabio Quagliarella will remain.

“Nani extended his contract with Manchester United and we never negotiated for him.”

“Real Madrid President Florentino Perez asked about him (Pogba), but there are no negotiations. We have no intention of selling him, as he has not yet expressed his full potential.”

So when he reaches his full potential we will sell him. Fighting with Galata for second....

This Sampdoria mentality :sergio:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 66)