Giovanni Cobolli Gigli (5 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Cobolli charts Scudetto path

Juventus President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli warns “half the Scudetto” will be decided when they go head-to-head with Inter on April 18.

I can see a good chance of the Scudetto,” smiled the patron despite a seven-point gap from the leaders.

A few days ago I said it was only a 30 per cent chance, which some say was too prudent, but I sat down and worked things out by comparing our calendar with that of Inter and Milan.

In those calculations I placed victory against Inter – as we must win that game at all costs. If we get the three points then, our chances will rise to 40-45 per cent, especially if Udinese remember they have always caused problems for the Nerazzurri.”

When the campaign restarts next weekend, Jose Mourinho’s men will travel to the Stadio Friuli, while Juve welcome on-form Chievo.

I do believe in the title, even though I consider myself realistic. The wonderful thing is everyone believes, from [general manager Jean-Claude] Blanc to [Claudio] Ranieri and the team.

“I am lucky enough to have access to the locker room and it is spectacular to see how fired up the players are
.”

Gianluigi Buffon said this week that the Scudetto was in Inter’s hands, but Cobolli Gigli casts a different light on that statement.

[Alex] Del Piero, [Pavel] Nedved and even Buffon believe, despite the fact they may say otherwise for superstitious reasons.”

The President is also looking to the future, as Juventus have pledged big buys over the summer to reinforce the side.

We will certainly sign a top champion, but you won’t get any names out of me now,” he grinned in Tuttosport.

I can say our transfer dealings will not stop there, as we will also improve with players on Bosman deals and release cash through sales.

“We will always have a solid base of six or seven Italian players, as we do not believe in having a multi-national corporation of a team
.”

channel 4

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Hmm, playerS, that would mean more than one, i wonder what they do have in mind.
We will spend on the "champion" Cassano, then we will sell Iaquinta or Trezequet and Almiron or Tiago to create funds (10+5) for a winger, if not Dawning, maybe someone with serie A exp and if anything goes wrong, we will "trust" Giovinco...
In the mean time we will bring someone like Eboue for free (hopefully, that would be our most useful transfer).

Italian core of 7 players=> Molinaro the great, super Buffon, darth Chiellini, NT Legro, Marchisio, injured Camo/useless Marchionni and the champion Cassano.
We will have Sissoko, some stranieri at RB, Amauri who might as well become Italian and probably a foreigner LM.

That would mean the free bosman deals are not counted as starters, but we are most likely to further extend the amount of garbag... i mean tras... erm... squad players...
Smart thing there, we sign/up-keep the cheap/free Italian left overs and claim we are doing this to preserve the Italian pride!!
Gigli is actually good at smth!! Fooling fans!!

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
maybe yes..maybe he thinks about that core of italian players only for future, but he wrote legro..so...i donno..he will explain to us :p but i won't forgive him for forgetting our captain

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)