Giorgio Chiellini's return. (4 Viewers)

OP
Dominic

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #22
    ++ [ originally posted by Cronios ] ++
    i believe cap will try out all those variations and will finally choose the best, whatever he choose's, the good thing is,
    It seems probably Lippi will try it out for us :). As Lippi is likely to field a 4-4-2 Italy team with Zambrotta as leftmidfielder and Chiellini as leftback.

If we are to use that formation in the future though we should and can use a more attacking central midfielder.

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
    We should play Zamb at RB and Chiellini at LB. You can't have them on the same flank as both would want to push forward, leaving a huge defensive hole. So Zamb would have to be more defensive, which would neglect his attacking capabilities.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++
    It seems Chiellini is sure to return, Giraudo announced that Giorgio will play for us next season. We still need to buy back his viola half for a price between 3-5 million euro's though.
    Maresca and Miccoli are set to stay at Fiorentina.

This might spell some bad news for Zambrotta(though I don't think he'll be sold) and certainly for Parisi. With the exceptions for their respective departures being:
    - either Chiellini or more likely Parisi sits on the bench.
    - Parisi leftback, Chiellini leftmid and Zambrotta rightback.

I'd prefer to see Zambrotta stay on the left though, maybe even left-mid. Chiellini might be more suited as leftmidfielder though as he isn't as good defensively as Zambrotta is.

http://sports.virgilio.it/it/cmc/calcio/200522/cmc_82747.html
    This is the best solution.. Chielini Left back, Zambrotta right back.. this is fantastic........

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    and what about camo?
    IMO neddy can play better than camo in the midfield,
    more chances to see chie and zambro to cover the left flank,
    LM will be the one with the better attacking abilities

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    If chiellini is a better player than zebina(more solid and able to be a starter) that would be perfect,

the tricky thing is, althought i m sure zambro can change side again,
    i m afraid this is gonna take some time,
    and when chiellini is suspended or even injured,
    then zambro sould change side again to cover him(he can do it better than, zebina,biri,pessotto)
    and then again to replace zebina when chiellini will return.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
    Brocchi To Fiorentina, Chiellini To Juve-Lippi Jr.
    6/16/2005 3:45:00 PM
    Fiorentina are very close to signing Christian Brocchi, according to player’s agent Davide Lippi.
    “There is no signed contract, but Prandelli would like to have Brocchi on the team. Milan and Fiorentina are currently in talks, both sides want to make the deal happen,” said the son of Italy boss Marcello Lippi.

Lippi Jr. is also the agent of Chiellini, who is co-owned by Fiorentina and Juventus, and will probably end up at Fabio Capello’s court over the course of the summer.

”Chiellini likes Fiorentina, but the Juventus call is very strong,” he said.

Goal.com
    -----------------------------------------------

It seems Cap really want him for next season

Sep 1, 2002
    With Zabina- oh I've given the ball away again, and Cambo- oh somebody told me I was Ortega so how come youv'e tackled me, you beast, we could do with a player that can not only hold the ball but use it effectively too.
    I hope he is that player. It would seem that Acapello think so, and he knows the song sheet by heart.

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by bianconero ] ++
    With Zabina- oh I've given the ball away again, and Cambo- oh somebody told me I was Ortega so how come youv'e tackled me, you beast, we could do with a player that can not only hold the ball but use it effectively too.
    I hope he is that player. It would seem that Acapello think so, and he knows the song sheet by heart.
    Camoranesi was great this season, i dont have any stats bust must have been one of the best dribling player in the whole serie-a, while Ortega was sux in Parma, and neither did better in turkey (fener?)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    Chillieni is nothing more than a bench player. And it doesnt hurt to bring him back, because again, its just the depth factor that he contributes to. I see him as Zambro's understudy rather than taking up a starting role on the left back role and switching Zambro to the right, because that will just be a little too imbalanced, especially considering Zambro will then be in contact with Camoranesi, whose just as effective up the right flank.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    Prandelli's new club face a important summer. If Fiorentina want to continue their revival and be considered as one of Italy's best sides once again, they will have to keep on to their best players, as well as recruit men with the stature of Frey.

The Florence outfit, however, are presently locking horns with champion Juventus over the services of three key players, all currently on loan from the Turin giants.

Georgio Chiellini, the 20-year old international defender, is all but certain to return to the Stadio dell'Alpi after a season at Fiorentina.

But it emerges that Juve are also interested in bringing back midfielder Enzo Maresca and striker Fabrizio Miccoli.

The Gazzetta dello Sport claims that attacking play-maker Miccoli, 25, is 40% sure of upping-ship to Juventus, while Maresca, also 25, has 30% a chance of switching back allegiance.

Losing either player would be a blow for Prandelli for both were highly pivotal in the turn-around of the club's fortunes after a disastrous start to the last campaign.
    From Eurosport.com

IMO, Chellini'll come back, same as Maresca pro'ly, but if this article is true, then we are keeping Mutu and using Mighty mouse as a makeweight for Cassano.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)