Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Exactly as myself. :p

Yes, Marko is a fanatical French guy and a Del Piero hater. :p
:p ;)
While you are clearly being sarcastic you do have a point. Why should a player who is happy at a CL club come to Juve for the same amount of cash to not play in the CL and join a team with a lot of uncetainty about it?

I don't blame Fring s for not coming as long as it is for football reasons he didn't come and not money.
It's probably both reasons.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Gilberto's Attached to Wenger

Newly-promoted Juventus have been quite vocal in their pursuit of Gilberto but the Brazilian says he has no intention of leaving Arsenal, even though the Turin giants are prepared to offer him a four-year contract.

"I have two years left at Arsenal and I hope to stay here for that time and hopefully even longer," said the softly-spoken midfielder in the Park Lane hotel that is Brazil's base for tonight's friendly at Wembley.

"Of course, if Arsene tells me he has an offer and wants me to go, then everything changes. But I am very happy here. I don't want to leave. I would love to finish my career at Arsenal.

"I have said before that it is like a family here. It is a great atmosphere to work in and everyone at the club is really friendly.

Daily Mail

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
who the hell do these players think they are...Frings Gilberto all frigging losers rejecting Juve...f**k off then!!!
Face it, coming to Juve isn't that attractive an option at the moment.

Gilberto is good but no huge loss if we don't sign him. I would prefer Sissoko, mavuba or both.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Face it, coming to Juve isn't that attractive an option at the moment.

Gilberto is good but no huge loss if we don't sign him. I would prefer Sissoko, mavuba or both.
I have to disagree here, Red. Gilberto Silva is the most experienced defensive midfielder we're linked to. Yes, Sissoko is a destroyer and Mavuba is a promising midfielder, but none of them can be a starter at least for the next season. I think it's a big loss.

Anyways, I agree with you; we've to forget about Gilberto Silva after such a declaration.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I have to disagree here, Red. Gilberto Silva is the most experienced defensive midfielder we're linked to. Yes, Sissoko is a destroyer and Mavuba is a promising midfielder, but none of them can be a starter at least for the next season. I think it's a big loss.

Anyways, I agree with you; we've to forget about Gilberto Silva after such a declaration.
I feel that with Tacchi and Zannetti we have enough experience for DM and I think that Sissoko is ready to be a starter next season. Sure he is raw but he developed quickly at Liverpool and after a couple of months of adjusting to Italy should be ready to start most games.

white_rabbit

Apr 9, 2006
I feel that with Tacchi and Zannetti we have enough experience for DM and I think that Sissoko is ready to be a starter next season. Sure he is raw but he developed quickly at Liverpool and after a couple of months of adjusting to Italy should be ready to start most games.
second that .... tacchi, zannetti and sessoko, paro and marchesio ..... its a complete midfield

but is tacchi coming back?? i havent heard anything regading that

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Have anybody stated anything about Tacchinardi? If you know, tell me. As, I haven't heard of him ages ago. Yes, Tacchinardi and Zanetti would be very good, still the former is a bit inconsistent and the latter is injury prone. I hope we'll bring back Nocerino and capture Sissoko, and by then I can say that we've lots of good available options for the centre midfield. What do you think?

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004

why cant the be starters??how old and how much experience do they have to have to be starters??
look at cristiano ronaldo,kaka,rooney,del piero,baggio and so many other young players,they were starters at big teams when they were 18-19 let alone 22-24
in my opinion they can definately be starters and should be starters
if we get mavuba and bench him it shows we dont have enough confidence in him and there goes his confidence and desire!
basically kinda wat happened with henry

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
why cant the be starters??how old and how much experience do they have to have to be starters??
look at cristiano ronaldo,kaka,rooney,del piero,baggio and so many other young players,they were starters at big teams when they were 18-19 let alone 22-24
in my opinion they can definately be starters and should be starters
if we get mavuba and bench him it shows we dont have enough confidence in him and there goes his confidence and desire!
basically kinda wat happened with henry
A young player who hasn't played in Serie A can't make a quick impact in Italy especially when plays for a big side like Juventus in such a critical season. We can't wait to depend on young talents, we need quick impact in Serie A, we can't gamble whether a young talent will shine or not. Plus as I said on another thread, we've already some promising youngsters; Palladino, Criscito, Chiellini, Marchisio and Gionvinco.

As for the players you mentioned, all of them already started to play in the first squad with the presence of regular starters, plus their teams weren't suffering as Juventus nowadays.

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
but they still had to perform at the highest standard in difficult leagues
im not saying we should just get promising youngsters but to built a team we need both.nedved,alex,camo,zanetti provide that and i dont think mavuba or malouda are inexperienced,inexperienced as far as seria A yes

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
but they still had to perform at the highest standard in difficult leagues
im not saying we should just get promising youngsters but to built a team we need both.nedved,alex,camo,zanetti provide that and i dont think mavuba or malouda are inexperienced,inexperienced as far as seria A yes
Fair point. Experienced players + Young talents = Good team....But at the end, the priority should be capturing experienced players.

Regarding Malouda, I haven't mentioned him, I commented on Sissoko and Mavuba only. I haven't watched Mavuba a lot to give a fair opinion about him, but from what I heard I'm not swaying towards the opinion of fielding him as a regular starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)