Gilberto Silva (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Emo "Was" one of the best ball winners, no doubt about that.

He may not have the power or essien, but he certainly had the positionging.

Emo's problems were he like to go forward (slowly), and he didnt have any pace.
I don't agree with the first sentence. Whereas, I agree with the rest of your post.

In my opinion, pace and power are strongly recommended in defensive midfielders exactly like positioning.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jul 28, 2002
if he was good enouh to do the job for brazil, for Real/Roma/Juve to splash the cash, is say he was world class.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
if he was good enouh to do the job for brazil, for Real/Roma/Juve to splash the cash, is say he was world class.
Is it just a coincidence that Capello has been the one who has coached Emerson in Roma, Juve and Madrid? :eyebrows:

I don't know how Emerson can play as a regular player in the Brazilian national team in the presence of both Gilberto Silva and Ze Roberto. Despite the fact that the latter is a right winger originally, he is better than Emerson as a defensive midfielder.

Mar 14, 2004
LOL,like I care where are you from. I know where I'm from and I know I watched every almost every Juve game last few seasons...either live in Italy or home at telly.
And how can you...even put Emerson in a same sentence wit Gatusso or Frings...whats next,Damiano Tommasi? LMAO. Emerson is doctor of football for those two. I remeber that once,Dario Simic and Zoran Mamic(ex leverkusen player,now Dinamo Zagreb) spoke to me bout Emerson. Mamic said that when Emo came to Leverkusen,it seem that he had two left legs,but for bout a year he became a rock in the midfield. Then he was rock in the midfield. Simic commented that taking a ball from Emerson is a "mission impossible". And do you remember his foward runs,golas and trough passes in Roma days? And who was an integral part of our team in last two consecutive championship titles ,playing ALMOST every match? BTW,if you took a peak at gazzeta and noticed,who was the most succesuful ball winner last year?

Makelele? great worker,good ball winner and that's it
Frings? Dumbass with a powerful shot? I saw many of those
Essien? Ok,this year maybe....
Gatusso? Dumbass that can run like a Duracell bunny and here the story ends

Mar 14, 2004
Is it just a coincidence that Capello has been the one who has coached Emerson in Roma, Juve and Madrid? :eyebrows:

I don't know how Emerson can play as a regular player in the Brazilian national team in the presence of both Gilberto Silva and Ze Roberto. Despite the fact that the latter is a right winger originally, he is better than Emerson as a defensive midfielder.

a) you don't know but Parreira and Dunga know and those two are WC champions...who are you?
b) nuff said,have you ever watched him in Bayer or Bayern? :)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Parreira also chose to put Dida instead of Marcos, Cafu instead of Dani Alves, Ze Roberto instead of Juninho , Adriano instead of Fred, and also brought Roberto Carlos into the team. He's not exactly very smart.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
@Barkuss, you say that Gattuso is a dumbass, and I say that Emerson is that dumb. So, what is your problem?

Look, my opinion differs completely from yours and I've no problem with that. On the contrary, your viewpoint is much respected by mine. By the way, it is better to focus on the disscusion not to the person whom you are talking to, accept it or not.

Anyways, I'm not going to comment on your two posts, simply because they make no sense, even though, I think some parts of them are just hilarious like"Emerson is doctor of football". :howler: :howler: :howler:

Cheers. :pint:

Parreira also chose to put Dida instead of Marcos, Cafu instead of Dani Alves, Ze Roberto instead of Juninho , Adriano instead of Fred, and also brought Roberto Carlos into the team. He's not exactly very smart.
Exactly. :tup:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Any neutral spectator who watched all Juventus and Chelsea matches during the past two seasons would agree Makelele was the better player. Claude was probably the player Mourinho couldn't do without until the rise of Essien this season.

The only thing Emerson does better than Makelele is long range passing. The Brazilian USED to be good, and might have been contended to be the best defensive middie in the world while at Roma.

And anybody would agree that Gattuso is a better "destroyer" in the literal sense of the word in football terminology than Emerson.

As for Frings, I have no idea why he's even mentioned in this discussion. He is essentially a brainless hedgehog with a powerful shot. Emerson is easily the better player, not only tactically but just about in every area of the game besids shooting and posture.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yeah I was about to say, deciding to place Ze Roberto in midfield along with Emerson and Kaka and Ronaldinho to the wings doesn't really make much sense to me. That system was never going to work.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Any neutral spectator who watched all Juventus and Chelsea matches during the past two seasons would agree Makelele was the better player. Claude was probably the player Mourinho couldn't do without until the rise of Essien this season.

The only thing Emerson does better than Makelele is long range passing. The Brazilian USED to be good, and might have been contended to be the best defensive middie in the world while at Roma.

And anybody would agree that Gattuso is a better "destroyer" in the literal sense of the word in football terminology than Emerson.

As for Frings, I have no idea why he's even mentioned in this discussion. He is essentially a brainless hedgehog with a powerful shot. Emerson is easily the better player, not only tactically but just about in every area of the game besids shooting and posture.
When he was Roma's coach, Capello used 3-6-1 formation. Six players in the midfield and most of the team players were in their best forms, especially Totti and Batistuta, when they won the Scudetto. Hence, I think Emerson wasn't the only one who shined at Roma, there were Totti, Tommasi, Zanetti, Lima, Candela and Cafu (Just in the midfield).

For me to just dare about thinking of comapring Gattuso to Emerson, makes me laugh my head off. In my point of view, Gattuso is the complete defensive midfielder. A true machine and the best ball winner I've ever seen.

Excuse me Andy, what is the best shoot you've ever watched to Emerson?

Tazieo

Jan 24, 2007
you emo fans fail to believe dat becuz he was good for 2 or 3 seasons doesnt make him a football great, legend or even god. one has to be consistent for many seasons and retire at the top of your game. so dont tell me dat bullshit about what he did 5 and 6 yrs ago it is useless to juve we need dat kind of player now !!!

forza juve
the best fucking club team in the world

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
When he was Roma's coach, Capello used 3-6-1 formation. Six players in the midfield and most of the team players were in their best forms, especially Totti and Batistuta, when they won the Scudetto. Hence, I think Emerson wasn't the only one who shined at Roma, there were Totti, Tommasi, Zanetti, Lima, Candela and Cafu (Just in the midfield).
Of course there were other top notch performers for Roma during that season because one player doesn't make a Scudetto-winning side.

For me to just dare about thinking of comapring Gattuso to Emerson, makes me laugh my head off. In my point of view, Gattuso is the complete defensive midfielder. A true machine and the best ball winner I've ever seen.
Gattuso is easily the better ball winner... nobody can deny that. But in most other facets of the game, Emerson is superior.

Excuse me Andy, what is the best shoot you've ever watched to Emerson?
2006 against Werder Bremen.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Ahmedios said:
@Sateeh, I have been watching football. I know what the skills that should be present in a defensive midfielder, unfortunately, they aren't present in Emerson.
well thats ur opinion, imo hes one of the best in the world for the past seasons.

Is it just a coincidence that Capello has been the one who has coached Emerson in Roma, Juve and Madrid?
so what ? he had a great season with leverkusan before he went to Roma and his coach wasnt fabio capello

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
i have to say that most people dont get emo, his game was about doing the little things right, winning teh ball, positioning himself in front of defense so that they cant get through so easy and giving teh ball to the real flair players.
emerson was never teh fastest and i feel that was his only problem, he was an excellent player for us, he did the spade work in midfieeld so that others could shine.

Jul 23, 2006
i have to say that most people dont get emo, his game was about doing the little things right, winning teh ball, positioning himself in front of defense so that they cant get through so easy and giving teh ball to the real flair players.
emerson was never teh fastest and i feel that was his only problem, he was an excellent player for us, he did the spade work in midfieeld so that others could shine.
word
in other words, emerson does the dirty work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)