Gila ripe for shirt number 9? (1 Viewer)

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
By the way, one question.....

What are Gillardino's characteristics?

Is he fast?....is he truly a poacher?....can he dribble?....is he good in the air?....does he work hard to help the midfield?

Is he more of an Inzaghi or Vieri type striker?

Is he good in dead ball situations?

(BTW, 4 out of his 17 goals have come from penalties).

(There is very little good press about him).

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Catenaccio ] ++
HIS 1st SEASON IN SERIE A AND HE IS NOT FAR AWAY FROM BEING THE "CAPO CANNONIERE". He is just 3 goals away from Scheva and he plays for Parma!!!!! - That sais a lot about his ability and his mental strength! He could be a real wild card!
Not to mention than he was Adriano´s bench in the first half of the season, and didtn had that playtime he is having now in the second half. :eek:

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
The question is though:

Who do we take if Inzaghi cannot make it...what if DP cannot make it?

These are strong possibilities. They are both recovering from injury and it does take time.

Di Vaio? He doesn't really have much experience with the Azzuri either and is not in good form.

Corradi? Not in great form this season and overrated if you ask me.

.....Italy lack good target men at the moment. Inzaghi is out of form and Vieri is the most injury prone player in history!

I think we may possibly have no choice but to at least consider Gillardino and give him a shot with a few friendlies.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
The question is though:

Who do we take if Inzaghi cannot make it...what if DP cannot make it?

These are strong possibilities. They are both recovering from injury and it does take time.

Di Vaio? He doesn't really have much experience with the Azzuri either and is not in good form.

Corradi? Not in great form this season and overrated if you ask me.

.....Italy lack good target men at the moment. Inzaghi is out of form and Vieri is the most injury prone player in history!

I think we may possibly have no choice but to at least consider Gillardino and give him a shot with a few friendlies.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I want strikers who have at least some ability to create their own opportunities if they, for some reason (Totti off-form, for instance) cannot get enough support. That's why I would prefer Cassano and Gilardino along with a HEALTHY (always an issue these days) Del Piero. Inzaghi and Vieri, to me anyway, rely too much on everyone else, and that's all well and good if everything is flowing smoothly. However, you know that teams will be of the notion that if you stop, or restrict Totti, then you can stifle the attack. That would be less likely if you have strikers like Gila and Cassano in there.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andre 3000 ] ++
Inzaghi and Vieri, to me anyway, rely too much on everyone else, and that's all well and good if everything is flowing smoothly. However, you know that teams will be of the notion that if you stop, or restrict Totti, then you can stifle the attack. That would be less likely if you have strikers like Gila and Cassano in there.
That's probably the case with Inzaghi, but the thing about Vieri is that his strength alone can make goalscoring opportunities where they otherwise wouldn't have existed. His threat from set pieces and sheer presence in the box means that even if the team isn't playing well, he can juggernaut himself into the box for a goal from a corner.

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
nah,Gila still didnt prove himself much to take the number 9 of vieri in the azzuri .

DP has 7
Totti 10
Di Vaio 20
Miccoli 22
Vieri 9

what willl Gila take? :D:D

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
Not to mention than he was Adriano´s bench in the first half of the season, and didtn had that playtime he is having now in the second half. :eek:
This reminds me -- you sometimes have to be careful with Parma strikers. Adriano, Mutu, Crespo, Chiesa, etc. ... they can be like a pint a Guiness. Their quality can be inversely proportional to how far away they are from Parma.

(Inzaghi is about the only exception that comes to mind, but then look at his form this year.)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Egyptian_Juventino ] ++
nah,Gila still didnt prove himself much to take the number 9 of vieri in the azzuri .

DP has 7
Totti 10
Di Vaio 20
Miccoli 22
Vieri 9

what willl Gila take? :D:D
Since when does Vieri wear 9? He didn't wear it at WC2002 so I don't see why he should in Portugal.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++

This reminds me -- you sometimes have to be careful with Parma strikers. Adriano, Mutu, Crespo, Chiesa, etc. ... they can be like a pint a Guiness. Their quality can be inversely proportional to how far away they are from Parma.

(Inzaghi is about the only exception that comes to mind, but then look at his form this year.)
Inzaghi played for Parma? :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)