Gigi Buffon (1 Viewer)

Glen

Aug 26, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
Cassillas is a leader, no matter who is on the field. He inspires confidence, because everything seems to go his way. He makes it seem like he is in total control.

Friedel is a leader, because no one on his team can give anything but 100% when he is on the pitch. He demands of his team mates, because he gives it himself.

Lehman is a leader, I've never seen a team sway with ups and downs of a single player like his team does with him.

As for Peruzzi, he is calm, but you can not tell me that he is not a leader. Nothing is ever unorganized in front of him. Coincidence? I think not.

And since you brought VDS up, you wouldn't know crazy if it hit you in the face. VDS is not crazy? Man, go play keeper for whatever team you play for, just once, it'll open your eyes.
Sorry Ian, but not a single stance in this account made ANY sense to me at all :D.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Glen ] ++
Sorry Ian, but not a single stance in this account made ANY sense to me at all :D.
Are you saying that Cassillas doesn't exude confidence?, that Friedel doesn't give 100% all the time?, that Peruzzi isn't an organizer?

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
I'd disagree with just one point Ian. Friedel does indeed give 100% all the time, but

Friedel is a leader, because no one on his team can give anything but 100% when he is on the pitch. He demands of his team mates, because he gives it himself.
strikes me as wrong. Blackburn's defence is not well organised - usually it's the opposite, and they often play poorly. It's Blackburn's weakest point, and while Friedel has been almost inhuman in his efforts to compensate for them this year, the only inspiration he gives is that which he sets by example.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
I'd disagree with just one point Ian. Friedel does indeed give 100% all the time, but

strikes me as wrong. Blackburn's defence is not well organised - usually it's the opposite, and they often play poorly. It's Blackburn's weakest point, and while Friedel has been almost inhuman in his efforts to compensate for them this year, the only inspiration he gives is that which he sets by example.
Well then he is a leader in that he leads by example. I certainly never said that Friedel is an organiser. He is not.

yoli

Aug 3, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
I've never seen anyone on this forum say that Buffon is not the best now and needs to improve. No one, but me, obivously, but I don't frequent the Buffon On-line forums for selfexplanitory reasons.
:D

yoli

Aug 3, 2002
after careful reading all this i've got to say the following
i think that gigi price was pretty high
i mean just imagine now a club buying a player for such a price :)
but - agnelli wanted to buy him (i suspect after that ronaldo save :D) and he bought him, that's it!
i think we shouldn't discuss gigi personal qualities - all goalkeepers are different and that's ok with them
but gigi has a disadvantage - he doesn't really plays well when he goes out of gated - remember the previous match with inter (when was 11), then with roma (cassano), with wales :(
and he doesn't grab the ball in the feet of an attacker
as our people say - he falls on his ass and tries to catch the ball with his hands instead of grabbing it
but how can he when it's not his best side? i don't know :confused:

SupJuve

Jul 12, 2002
i think buffon was better before he came to juve. he was making fantastic and impossible saves at parma.i remember so, correct me if i am wrong. he isn't making many mistakes at juve but not saving an almost 100 % goal,like kahn,rustu, canizares do in many matches. there may be problem with our goalkeper coach.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -Kinas- ] ++
and i dun see any keeper beating that price tag in the near future..
I could see Saja or Stekelenbourg breaking that number if the market rebounds just a little.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)