Gianluigi Buffon (23 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
WΏΏdy?;5791209 said:
1) Gigi is life
2) He isn't better than our current goalkeeper
3) He wasn't pushed out
4) I would have loved for him to stay but there is no way he is at a level where he should start for us anymore, tbh even last season I was fine with him starting because of the level of respect he deserves
5) Him leaving was best for both him and at club though as fans we wish it could have turned out different, but I'm not gona be selfish and claim he should have snubbed a chance to earn 10mil or more a year or another shot at CL. Having said that we did not have to pay him 6mil a year and keep starting him just for the sake of it. He is past it
6) He's still gona win the league at PSG and probably lose CL just like at Juve, there is no damage to his legacy
100% all of this. :tup:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Look who's back. Suddenly the forums ain't fun no more.

Ugh.
:agree: You should have stayed in hiding :baus: :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

Coem on, dude. If we had to discuss everytiem you fail 'Tuz would be nothing more than a support group for you failures :p
Touche :D

Speaking of failure, both you and your Scandinavian cousins let me down at this World Cup :sigh:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Buffon doesn't have to prove a thing to anyone and most especially not Juve fans. Dude stayed with the club during the absolute worst of times and for years. He was the best goalkeeper in the game, he could've been making far more money, winning titles but stayed while we were languishing through Zaccheroni and 7th place finishes.

He has put in his dues, has an unquestionable legacy and is now going to a soulless oil club to collect a fat paycheck for a year or two before retiring.

Absolute best of luck to him :delpiero:

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Buffon doesn't have to prove a thing to anyone and most especially not Juve fans. Dude stayed with the club during the absolute worst of times and for years. He was the best goalkeeper in the game, he could've been making far more money, winning titles but stayed while we were languishing through Zaccheroni and 7th place finishes.

He has put in his dues, has an unquestionable legacy and is now going to a soulless oil club to collect a fat paycheck for a year or two before retiring.

Absolute best of luck to him :delpiero:
:tup:

If Gigi decided to take on a new challenge it's obvious that he feels as he could perhaps still deliver at the highest level, imo we should absolutely respect(not necessarily support) his decision till proven otherwise, it's not everyday that 40 year olds get called out of imminent retirement to be offered a starting role in arguably one of the richest and most potent clubs in the world atm, his choice was most likely down to how high PSG proved they still rated him despite his age.

I do wish him all the best in the future, just not that much on a sporting level tbf.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
In other news, Buffon still doesn't care what you think. He's still making millions, and probably feels he has more to give, while you're a nobody operating a cash register at some remote outlet making minimum wage and hating yourself for it :baus: :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

Trapattoni was indeed a great coach :baus: :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

How about we win it in 2019 and 2021. Gigi can win it in 2020 and get recalled to the Azzurri, guiding them to a Euro title :baus: :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

Why? Because you say so.?! In his mind he can continue playing at the highest level, and seeing how horrible some of the other goalkeeping options out there are, I honestly can't blame him.

- - - Updated - - -

:shifty: I fail to see how religion has anything to do with him continuing his football career :p
What matters to me is that you care.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
“If he wants to play, go and play. If he doesn't want to play, the door is always open for him at Juventus."

What Gigi did for Juve was not even comparable to what the likes of Ale, Nedved, Trez, etc did when we were relegated. He was the only player at his prime who decided to stay. Never won a CL with us, and now that Juve doesn't want him but a serious CL contender is giving him the chance (goes to show that he's still a top keeper) you expect him to decline it so he'd avoid playing/winning against Juve?

- - - Updated - - -

I'd cheer for PSG so long as they are not playing Juve.
:tup: Except the cheering part. :p

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
WΏΏdy?;5791209 said:
1) Gigi is life
2) He isn't better than our current goalkeeper
3) He wasn't pushed out
4) I would have loved for him to stay but there is no way he is at a level where he should start for us anymore, tbh even last season I was fine with him starting because of the level of respect he deserves
5) Him leaving was best for both him and at club though as fans we wish it could have turned out different, but I'm not gona be selfish and claim he should have snubbed a chance to earn 10mil or more a year or another shot at CL. Having said that we did not have to pay him 6mil a year and keep starting him just for the sake of it. He is past it
6) He's still gona win the league at PSG and probably lose CL just like at Juve, there is no damage to his legacy
good post. he would have to say/do something pretty outlandish to tarnish his legacy with Juve. He will be missed here but I don't see any issue with him joining PSG

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I disagree. Hes still pretty damn good keeper and if he wants to try and play at top level for several more years and we arent willing to offer him that, he has every right to go and play elsewhere. I feel this is correct decision for both sides.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
good post. he would have to say/do something pretty outlandish to tarnish his legacy with Juve. He will be missed here but I don't see any issue with him joining PSG
He is still a Legend but let's not pretend it doesn't matter that he isn't retiring with us or at least going to a retirement league like USA or Australia.

Besides, the main problem is not that he is continuing but his choice of club. I hope that at least the part about embassador of the world cup in Qatar is not true.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Gigi has sold his soul to the devil and is basically playing for Qatar now. Representing that disgusting state is dishonorable.

That being said, Buffon is Buffon, what he sacrificed for Juve over the years is second to none and I will just pretend he actually retired after the Verona game.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
He is still a Legend but let's not pretend it doesn't matter that he isn't retiring with us or at least going to a retirement league like USA or Australia.

Besides, the main problem is not that he is continuing but his choice of club. I hope that at least the part about embassador of the world cup in Qatar is not true.
It doesn't matter, not even gonna affect Juve either especially if you believe he's finished. He gave it all when it mattered, now we can't even accept his decision to choose where to go when there's no place for him at Juve?

And we'll see if he's "finished" or not when the season ends.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Gigi has sold his soul to the devil and is basically playing for Qatar now. Representing that disgusting state is dishonorable.

That being said, Buffon is Buffon, what he sacrificed for Juve over the years is second to none and I will just pretend he actually retired after the Verona game.
At least one other person gets it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)