Gianluigi Buffon (18 Viewers)

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Son was a lucky $#@!er to score paast him last night. A mixed performance, Im sure Gigi knows he must step up in the 1/4finals
There was a guy flying through going after the ball. I dont blame him for the goal but thats just me. Him and Chiellini are the stabilizing force in our team. Without them we would have crumbled
Spot on. :tup:

The last person i'd blame it on would be Gigi, only aspect he needs to maybe improve on for the remaining of this season would probably be his emotional/mental status, i think he cares so much that sometimes he lets emotions get in his way especially at times when he sees his team playing like total garbage in what could have probably been his last UCL game... under this circumstances it is somehow understandable to say the least.

Anyway, it indeed was a mixt performance from him but nonetheless he had a couple of really crucial saves aswell, let's not just iggnore this type of details, so let's just take it easy for now and not turn him into some sort of scapegoat all of a sudden, in my opinion he is the least of our problems atm.

Afterall, we are through to the next round so no harm done. ;)

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
We could still give sound reasoning and consider it to not being Buffon's fault but you could see the guilt on his face as soon as we conceded it. He must have been thinking why oh why did he do that.

Not just that goal but his handling looked shaky as well throughout the game. Like someone said , maybe the emotions got to him.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
He made several mistakes over both legs. He's still a fantastic keeper, but I have to admit I actually feel less nervous with Chesney in goal nowadays. However, the way he wears his heart on his sleeve and motivates the team to defend is unparalleled, so then again there's that.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
You can blame him for some conceded goals all you want, but without him we weren't going to hold on until the end. He's the soul and heart of this team and he makes his teammates fight til the end. We will SUFFER after him.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
really strange to see Buffon like this, can't recall the last time I saw him misjudge 2 goals over 2 legs the way he did, tbh I don't think I've ever seen this. I don't think it's the age, because why would it be? Is he considerably older than last season? He clearly found a way to maintain a high level even if he's at a disadvantage physically and it didn't happen this season or the last one, this guy has been at a retirement age for several years now, yet he's constantly been among the best in the world.

Seems more like a psychological thing, retirement talk looming over his head and everyone talking about last this and last that must be disturbing him quite a lot.

But every guy I talked to about yesterdays game had one thing in common, they all wanted Juve to advance so this beautiful legend would have a shot at the trophy he's missing. I'd stick with Gigi to the end, bitter or sweet.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
He may have made some costly mistakes in the games against Tottenham, but he truly is the heart and soul of this team. He makes everyone give their all for this team.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
because he's our captain, leader and the best goalkeeper of all time?
I think as a keeper the Pole will be an adequate replacement. But he's obviously more than just a keeper in this team, that we'll miss like hell. We'll move on eventually, like we always tend to do. Hopefully there will be other players to take up the mantle and lead on.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
You can blame him for some conceded goals all you want, but without him we weren't going to hold on until the end. He's the soul and heart of this team and he makes his teammates fight til the end. We will SUFFER after him.
When big players leave/retire , they'll be replaced with new leaders. Did we suffer when Del Piero left? He was as much the heart and soul of our team as Buffon is.

Once Buffon goes, Chiellini will still be around , Marchisio too(hopefully) , Rugani could become a future leader and all these players embody the Juventus spirit.

Gigi is a legend and will be among the top 5 greatest players of all time in Juventus history. Just leave it at that. Instead of trying to sound all melodramatic and cheesy because he will be leaving.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)