Gianluigi Buffon (29 Viewers)

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Just saw the fans welcoming our heroes home. Gigi's face... fuck. Eyes welled up for a couple seconds there, and gave me a moment or two of the quiver lip. That hadn't happened yet, but composure was quickly restored, and it was great to see our boys get the welcome home they deserved.

Time to reload, and make another run at this Cup. There's definitely still time to win this for Gigi, he was our best player out there!

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Gigi was the MoM for many who witnessed the match last night -- even from many who had written him off years ago. The dude is ageless. He makes public fawning over the likes of Casillas or Neuer seem like mere fads.

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
Buffon worthy of Ballon d’Or’
By Football Italia staff

Johan Cruyff says Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon should be a candidate for the Ballon d’Or.

The Dutchman, who won the award three times during his playing career, was discussing the Bianconeri’s Champions League defeat to his old side Barcelona, and singled out the Italian international for praise.

“The next Ballon d’Or?” Cruyff considered, speaking to Tuttosport.

“[Lionel] Messi is playing very well, but over the whole year, Buffon is definitely a contender for 2015. He’s been a great goalkeeper for years.

“That said, Juve have so many great players - I’m thinking of [Andrea] Pirlo, [Arturo] Vidal, [Paul] Pogba and [Alvaro] Morata.

“I especially appreciate Juventus’ organisation.”

Despite the defeat in Berlin on Saturday, Cruyff is sure Juventus will bounce back.

“Juve played the right way, they were organised, they played their style, they had their chances and they scored a goal. Barcelona are very strong though, and they showed that again.

“They [Juventus] will play to win it again next year. This year they got to the final, but they’ve been playing very well for a few years now.

“That’s good for Italian football, which I personally enjoy for several reasons. The technique is good, and you [Italians] play a very quick football, with few spaces.”

Apr 19, 2007
That second goal should have been prevented. The first one was brilliant by Barca but Barza should have done more to foul or stop and Buffon im sure is upset at himself for putting it back out like that but cant blame them they played their ass off all season so props to the boys especially Gigi

juvefan27

Apr 17, 2012
He couldn't have held the second one.

Evra was asleep to the rebound. Suarez scored, but if Gigi had pushed it wider Rakitic would have scored.

So I suppose the ideal would have been to push it round the post, but it bounced just before him, I don't think he could have done that.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Yeah, because of the position of the Barca players, Buffon had a very limited space in which to push the ball safe.

If he'd tried to get less of a touch on the ball in order to put it behind for a corner, he would have been risking not getting enough of a touch to stop the shot.

It's one of the those situations where the keeper looks bad, but when you start to analyse it, it would have been pretty difficult for him to do better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)