Gianluigi Buffon (68 Viewers)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I can't be mad at him. He already stayed after calciopoli, a man can only take so much.
Yea, it kind of makes you compare two stalwarts like Gigi and Pirlo, and you can see how they both approached the calciopoli. Pirlo as per his book was sure he wouldn't stay and pay for anothers sins, while Gigi, stood through it all and took us through it. Guys like him, DP, Neddy and Trez are just once in a generation kind of players. As is Pirlo, but it just makes you wonder Gigi's level of greatness to have seen how great his sacrifice to us has been. Whether he went to Roma, Inter or Napoli, after that, cannot be questioned or judged. He is entitled to it after everything he has done for us and with Juventus.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
At this point Buffon could say that he supports Hitler's ideas, I wouldn't care.

Him, DP and Nedved have my unconditional love forever, for everything they've done.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Exactly.

I can't be mad at him for those words at all. Think of all the crap he had to put up with from 2006-2011 at this club. Calciopoli, Serie B, Cobolli/Gigli/Blanc, Molinaros, Boumsongs, Grygeras, Ferrars, Delneris, Zaccheronis…a weaker man would have left this club a lot quicker. He has proved his loyalty to this club over the years and no one should have a bad word to say about him. Living legend.

Mar 9, 2006
Exactly.

I can't be mad at him for those words at all. Think of all the crap he had to put up with from 2006-2011 at this club. Calciopoli, Serie B, Cobolli/Gigli/Blanc, Molinaros, Boumsongs, Grygeras, Ferrars, Delneris, Zaccheronis…a weaker man would have left this club a lot quicker. He has proved his loyalty to this club over the years and no one should have a bad word to say about him. Living legend.
B-b-b-b-b-ut.......ROMA?!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011–12_A.S._Roma_season
Look at their squad in that season :seven:

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Exactly.

You forgot mighty Secco and his ultra perferct transfers.

- - - Updated - - -

I could never be mad at him, true legend and a champion, but Im more surprised that he was considering Roma as a club where he would continue his career.
He was also considering Milan(almost done transfer) when we were relegated.

- - - Updated - - -

I just wish he will be on this level tonight.Then ,if Benfica got 22 players they can't do anything.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Buffon: 'Benfica didn't humiliate Juve'
By Football Italia staff

Gigi Buffon maintains Juventus were beaten “but not annihilated” by Benfica in the Europa League.

The Bianconeri went out of the semi-final 2-1 on aggregate after a goalless second leg in Turin on Thursday.

“These were two very balanced games and in boxing terms we deserved more on points,” the goalkeeper told Sky Sport Italia.

“They were two matches in which the details made the difference in these cases you can win or, as happened to us, you can lose.

“We were not humiliated or made people change their view of us. We played on a par with Benfica. They did well to go through, but we were not annihilated.

“Benfica are a side who, if I’m not wrong, are sixth in the European club rankings and yet we played at the same level and probably deserved to qualify. We have to compliment them for their progress.”

Benfica will play the Europa League Final against Sevilla at the Juventus Stadium on May 14.

Always can count on Buffon to give a classy interview. I really hope Italy gives him another International cup or he wins the CL with us.
This great man deserves the best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 67)