Gianluigi Buffon (53 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
And I've been wondering about something recently. People keep citing Gigi singing the national anthem with eyes closed as being either Fascist or a wonderful nationalistic thing to do. But...he always sings with his eyes closed.

"I really sing very emotionally because the Italian national team means an awful lot to me,"
said Buffon.

"This is the country where I live and I lost two great-grandparents in the war and this is my recognition of them, the recognition of how much they mean to me."

Don't think there's anything more to it.

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
There's something not quite respectful about taking photos of Auschwitz on your camera phone.

Or about how my first thought on the bottom picture was about fatties waiting to get into fat camp...

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
There's something not quite respectful about taking photos of Auschwitz on your camera phone.

Or about how my first thought on the bottom picture was about fatties waiting to get into fat camp...
:lol2: :lol2:
I didn't realize it was auswitchz before you said this

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011

"I really sing very emotionally because the Italian national team means an awful lot to me,"
said Buffon.

"This is the country where I live and I lost two great-grandparents in the war and this is my recognition of them, the recognition of how much they mean to me."

Don't think there's anything more to it.
my interista friend keeps trying to tell me that buffon is a fascist, something about his time in parma where he pulled up his shirt and it said "death to cowards" or some other italian fascist slogan. can't seem to dig it up anywhere.

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
my interista friend keeps trying to tell me that buffon is a fascist, something about his time in parma where he pulled up his shirt and it said "death to cowards" or some other italian fascist slogan. can't seem to dig it up anywhere.
The story goes he was number 88 because of its Hitler connotations, wore a t-shirt with a fascist slogan on, and then after the WC he was handed a banner with a fascist symbol on it (he claims he didn't see it, and to be fair it was very small and in the corner).

Sep 14, 2003
The story goes he was number 88 because of its Hitler connotations, wore a t-shirt with a fascist slogan on, and then after the WC he was handed a banner with a fascist symbol on it (he claims he didn't see it, and to be fair it was very small and in the corner).
Suspicions were first aroused when a picture of Gigi's cat was leaked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)