Gianluigi Buffon (18 Viewers)

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Honestly, yeah that was one of his better performances of the season though, some of those saves were really excellent. It's interesting to see how opinion shifts over a few years, when a player isn't as exposed because of poorly performing club + national team, the majority that have no idea would say he's "passed his best" or "not the same before the injuries" without seeing a minute of a Juve/Italy game. It's amazing to see how a better environment almost completely changes perspective.

Buffon is 34 though, he has time, and there is one trophy he is missing from his cabinet. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he needs a new contract next season as well.
Totally agree about the environment, obviously, what an embarrassing mess that was, and the naysayers.

It's also great that he finally went ahead and had that back surgery, and got everything nicely cleaned up. That type of nagging injury never lets a player perform at his best, and eventually one just can't keep playing through it; having a nice long offseason to rest and recuperate really did the man wonders - he's definitely moving much better this year.

As for the haters, past or present, they can suck a big fat one :pado:

Time to get Gigi signed for the next 5 years!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I want to edit the title thread.

Come up with ideas. Gigi Numero 1 Buffon?

---------- Post added 26.03.2012 at 08:26 ----------

I want to edit the title thread.

Come up with ideas. Gigi Numero 1 Buffon?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)