Gianluigi Buffon (20 Viewers)

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
If you just think about him it makes you wonder who can ever replace him in Juve or in the NT? By replacing I mean when he retires, it is impossible to get a goalkeeper from anything near his calibar. Marchetti won't be even close to Gigi, so there goes the NT hope.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
If you just think about him it makes you wonder who can ever replace him in Juve or in the NT? By replacing I mean when he retires, it is impossible to get a goalkeeper from anything near his calibar. Marchetti won't be even close to Gigi, so there goes the NT hope.
You can't replace him, the club just has to find a very good goalkeeper and build a strong defence.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
find someone young and keen and let them grow at the club.

Peruzzi was a no one when he joined juve and became a great keeper with us. Sure Buffon has been special, but we paid through our arses for him. We tried to replace peruzzi with VDS, an established keeper and that didnt work.

The club needs to start finding quality players again who are not linked with 15 other clubs costing us too much. This was the true talent of Moggi and lippi back in the mid 90s, they found players that grew and stepped up an extra level for the team in short period.

These days we just go for average players in italy.

awit

Jan 10, 2010
Obviously Buffon is going to be impossible to replace, he's probably the greatest keeper of all time and players like him don't come around often. Then again other teams are not going to have a goalie like him either.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007

Peruzzi was a no one when he joined juve and became a great keeper with us. Sure Buffon has been special, but we paid through our arses for him. We tried to replace peruzzi with VDS, an established keeper and that didnt work.

The club needs to start finding quality players again who are not linked with 15 other clubs costing us too much. This was the true talent of Moggi and lippi back in the mid 90s, they found players that grew and stepped up an extra level for the team in short period.

We're not in a state right now to be getting rid of our best player and replacing him with a "hopeful" prospect. The rest of the team is weak and we need to keep what little quality we have.

Btw, who would you suggest as his replacement?

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
We're not in a state right now to be getting rid of our best player and replacing him with a "hopeful" prospect. The rest of the team is weak and we need to keep what little quality we have.

Btw, who would you suggest as his replacement?
i was referring to when the time comes that he is no longer a viable option. However, it seems this has almost come considering his injuries of late.

I do not know who to replace him with, but as mentioned, the club needs to dig deeo and find a young talent and put faith in him. The days of buying an estblished superstar kepper as we did from a team that is lower than us are gone. Every great keeper currently plays for a team who would be rated better than us right now.

Boksic

May 11, 2005

Peruzzi was quite highly rated before he came to Juve. The reason that we got him so easily was because he was serving a suspension for doping.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Peruzzi was quite highly rated before he came to Juve. The reason that we got him so easily was because he was serving a suspension for doping.
true, forgot about that doping thing....didnt think he was that highly rated though, then again i was only 18 or 9 i think when he came so didnt exactly follow it all as much.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Byron Moreno was arrested at a NY airport, for dealing heroin. Byron Moreno was the referee in the South-Korea - Italy match during the WC 2002. Who we all know.

Gigi Buffon respondent: ''I think he was already on heroin in 2002.''

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)