Gianluigi Buffon (25 Viewers)

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Juventus goalkeeper Gigi Buffon says he would relish the opportunity to become Italy's captain under Cesare Prandelli.

The 32-year-old underwent surgery yesterday to repair a back injury he suffered at the World Cup.

He will be sidelined until December at the earliest.

Last week, Prandelli intimated that he would like Buffon to be his captain at Euro 2012.

When asked for his reaction, Buffon said: “For me it represents the maximum that a player can aspire to.

“When you pull on that shirt you do it for every inhabitant that populates Italy: it's a burden but also an honour.

“I have always had Prandelli as an opponent since my time in the youth team and already then you knew that he had an exceptional relationship with his players.

“Prandelli is someone who is very prepared, who always accepts the exchange of ideas with the team ad never removes himself from having a relationship with his players.

“I have always thought that this is an important requirement because the Coach must be part of the group.”

Buffon then reflected on his injury and Italy's exit from the World Cup, calling it a 'great disappointment'.

“It's very bad for a player of my calibre to have to abandon such a competition. I would have been able to give a hand to a group in difficulty.”

Finally, Buffon gave his opinion of Juventus who are in the grips of a rebuilding process.

“A new cycle has already started at Juventus: I will arrive in a little while to give my contribution, but it's important that everyone works at their best for the black and white cause.

“I have a contract until 2013, so there isn't any kind of problem.

“Both Alex Manninger and Marco Storari have great experience. They have always done very well when they have played: I am convinced that they will not make my absence felt.”

FI

Buy on AliExpress.com

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Gianluigi Buffon insists he “never thought of leaving Juventus,” looks back on the World Cup and remains cagey on his comeback.

“In South Africa we saw the other side of the coin,” said the goalkeeper who only played for 45 minutes against Paraguay before suffering a herniated disc in his back.

“Clearly it was difficult to experience what we felt in 2006 again, but none of us expected to go out in the first round.

“I don’t think my presence would’ve made any difference, as my replacement Federico Marchetti did everything he was supposed to. In the 20 minutes with Andrea Pirlo on the pitch we certainly saw a different Italy.

“Marcello Lippi has his own ideas – unlike many people – and with them has often won, sometimes lost. That’s true of everyone in football, but he has remained consistent.

“Now we hope Cesare Prandelli can raise Italy again and I aim to lend a hand. Hopefully I’ll never be a burden.”

The first few matches of the Prandelli era won’t involve Buffon, who’ll be out for at least three months after surgery.

“My back is much better. It has only been a few days since the operation, but the fact I can walk fairly well and have more strength in my left foot are comforting signs,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

“It is such a delicate operation that you cannot afford to make long-term plans on the recovery. When a nerve gets involved, it is a tricky piece of tissue that doesn’t always heal at the same rate. Let’s just say that within 12 months I’ll be back.”

Buffon had been linked with moves to Manchester United, their City rivals or even Bayern Munich.

“I didn’t reject any offer because I never even thought of leaving Juventus. When that intention isn’t there, it’s pointless to look at proposals or know someone is interested in you. I believe the love shown daily by Juve fans is something grand and priceless.”

FI
--

:touched:

Forza Gigi!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)