Gianluigi Buffon (16 Viewers)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
it says small surgery shouldnt be too bad

but fuck me what are our physio's doing?

are there any stats that show that we have the worst injuries in the league?

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
What a nightmare, I can't imagine what this is going to do our chances of silverware, our medical staff need to go back to med school methinks, or better yet get the fuck away from our team.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
The treatment doesn't put him out so I'm assuming he can still play through it.
But if he does have a meniscal strain he should rest his knee, which means not playing.
There is not such thing as taking it easy and playing. If this is how our medical team is thinking then this is exactly why our players are getting injured very frequently. They are let to play when they are not feeling well and they are rushed back to the field before full recovery.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Where there's life there's hope people. We have Manninger for this exact reason and we all know he can do his job.
Noone is saying Manninger is bad. I really like Manninger, he has been a super back up last year (except for the inter and lazio games). But Buffon is like Del Piero, no matter who you have on the field if those two players do not play you can feel their absence.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Buffon: 'I need knee surgery'
Sunday 11 October, 2009
Gianluigi Buffon admits “I need an operation on the meniscus ligament,” but will try to hold out for the Christmas break.

The Italy and Juventus goalkeeper announced the unfortunate news after last night’s 2-2 draw with the Republic of Ireland.

“The meniscus ligament in my left knee is damaged, I need an operation,” he confessed.

“I will try to carry on as long as I can. I hope to reach the game with Inter.”

That Scudetto showdown on Saturday December 5 is the cut-off point and, if he can continue that long, Buffon will go under the knife straight after the match.

It will mean missing at least three Serie A games, but far less than usual because he will have the entire Christmas break to recover.

Juventus naturally hope their shot-stopper will be back in action in time for another crunch match against Milan on January 10.

Buffon was beset by injuries last season, most notably muscular and back problems.

This is the second heavy blow for the Bianconeri, as midfielder Claudio Marchisio underwent a meniscus operation on Saturday morning and will be out for six weeks.

:sergio: fuck fuck fuck

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
i really don't care about the backups anymore, yeah its nice but fuck i want MY FIRST TEAM to play together.

We have not had a game in over two years when we had EVERY first team player playing....that is disgraceful.

Hennes

Sep 3, 2004
i really don't care about the backups anymore, yeah its nice but fuck i want MY FIRST TEAM to play together.

We have not had a game in over two years when we had EVERY first team player playing....that is disgraceful.
True. But Buffon will play until december, get operated and will be back in January. Not a big deal.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
No he says he will try and play on as long as he can and try to get to the xmas break. That to me is a big deal because how bad is his knee? and two, what if it gets worse or he severely ruptures the ligament worse?

Gotte

Mar 21, 2009
Let's operate him at once. We need a keeper who can play 100%. Manninger is a very good replacer. If Buffon waits it can be even worse. And we also know that Manninger can replace Supergigi. I don't see the reason why he should wait with the operation.

In Manninger we trust!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)