Gianluigi Buffon (192 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
The guy has always found his way to the nets. He may not be an international Cristiano ronaldo, but the guy gave his share to reach the cup.. and still nowadays he scores and is someone u can count on.

In comparison with the lots of rejects Italy is producing as of late,... those dudes are much better at least

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I'd really rather we just put it out for a throw-in

I don't and never will see the fascination with constantly passing between your goalkeeper and CBs in the presence of attackers. The risk is extremely high and the reward is.... you bypass their forwards and keep hold of the ball. Something that can be done with much, much less risk by punting the ball in the general vicinity of Pogba or Llorente.

It's fine when the opposition aren't pressing, and you have all the time in the world to play from the back. But some strikers live for these opportunities, and one bit of mis-control, one over/underhit pass or one slip and we're f*cked.
Like Drogba, who punced us hardcore. The sad part is we knew it and still got caught

- - - Updated - - -

Gilardino was a beast @ Parma. Since then, and since his hairline started receding, he has been a shadow of his former self.
Nah, he has always been around. What happened to him and his half wonderseason at parma... is that he set the bar too high for him. After Adriano left, he just went nuts.

I mean... he scored like what? 20 goals or something in half a season? It was totally stupid. He wasnt able to replicate that again, naturally.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Yep, thankfully most teams in Serie A just have one lone striker jogging with no intent towards our back 3, but in Europe almost every single team will be sniffing around and pressing in numbers and with real intensity

Sometimes when our defenders are marked and there's no real option, Buffon just holds on to the ball that second too long instead of hoofing it, and before you know it a striker is within touching distance of Gigi.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Ok just saw that save. It was bog standard. Nothing out of the ordinary, & the type of save you'd expect from him.

Now ones I remember was Euro 2004 against Bulgaria, & C.L Final 2003 from Inzaghi.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Ok just saw that save. It was bog standard. Nothing out of the ordinary, & the type of save you'd expect from him.

Now ones I remember was Euro 2004 against Bulgaria, & C.L Final 2003 from Inzaghi.
Zidane WC 2006 :delpiero:

Might not be among his top 10 objectively, but the occasion elevates it for me.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Juventus: incerto il futuro di Buffon
Buffon Verona Juventus
17 febbraio alle 20:00
“Gigi gli anni non li sente, è stato sempre il numero uno, la sua storia parla per lui”. Le parole sono quelle di Silvano Martina, agente di Gianluigi Buffon che a Calciomercato.com ha spiegato il momento che il suo assistito sta vivendo, un momento segnato da grandi vittorie e qualche polemica.

Meglio Conte o Capello, meglio la sua Juve o quella? Martina non risponde, ma il suo assistito c’era, e ha fatto già parlare il campo. “E’ straordinario, il vero campione si vede anche nelle difficoltà, lui le ha superate brillantemente. Per lui parlano i risultati e ogni parola sarebbe superflua, è il capitano della Nazionale e di una grande squadra, è stato sempre decisivo, è l’immagine della Juventus".

Chiuderà in bianconero?
"Probabile, ha un contratto con la Juventus, la rappresenta da anni ed è facile associare il suo nome alla squadra, ma da qui a dire che cosa succede di sicuro non so. Magari si ritira, magari va via, o resta, non so".
"Gigi doesn't feel that he is aging, he has always been number one, his past speaks for itself". These are the words of Silvano Martina, agent of Buffon.

Who's Juve is better, Conte or Capello? Martina didn't reply but said his client (GIGI) was there for both, and he let his actions on the pitch do the talking. "It's amazing, a true champion is seen when it gets tough, Gigi has overcome all of these brilliantly. For him, results speak and anything else is superfluous, he is the captain of the national team and of a big club, he has always been decisive, he is the image of Juventus"

Will he end his career with Juve?

Probably, he has a contract with Juventus, he has been representing them for years and it is easy to associate his name with that of the club, but to say what will happen definitely is impossible. Perhaps he'll retire, perhaps he'll leave or stay, I do not know".

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
He will definitely stay for another year. I see Buffon retiring when there finally is a WC (read really expensive) goalkeeper available AND we show geniune interest in signing him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 190)