Gianluigi Buffon (207 Viewers)

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Goal wise, Gigi takes no blame

But his & Bonuccis tiki-taka approach give me heart attacks. Quite a few goals in the past 2 years have came from our reluctancy to punt the ball forward in a time of crisis.

Plenty more times it's caused us trouble but we've managed to get away with it.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Goal wise, Gigi takes no blame

But his & Bonuccis tiki-taka approach give me heart attacks. Quite a few goals in the past 2 years have came from our reluctancy to punt the ball forward in a time of crisis.

Plenty more times it's caused us trouble but we've managed to get away with it.
Perhaps, they are disguising the fact that Gigi can no longer kick the ball long by doing this. I mean how many times have we seen Gigi actually kick the ball into the opposition half in the last 2 seasons without the ball being in his hands?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
But his & Bonuccis tiki-taka approach
:lol:
This man, seriously..he needs to start just kicking the ball to nowhere instead of trying to ballplay with Bon and Chiello with strikers smelling the brainfarts.

And it was very cool to see 2 champions like Toni and Gigi battling it out :toast:. It always bring a smile to my face to see players like them still performing. Players like them, totti, barzagli, cannavaro, Gilardino, del piero are like the last vestiges of that glorious generation of 2006. Legends.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I'd really rather we just put it out for a throw-in

I don't and never will see the fascination with constantly passing between your goalkeeper and CBs in the presence of attackers. The risk is extremely high and the reward is.... you bypass their forwards and keep hold of the ball. Something that can be done with much, much less risk by punting the ball in the general vicinity of Pogba or Llorente.

It's fine when the opposition aren't pressing, and you have all the time in the world to play from the back. But some strikers live for these opportunities, and one bit of mis-control, one over/underhit pass or one slip and we're f*cked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 205)