Gianluigi Buffon (14 Viewers)

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
writing off buffon is always a mistake bec he comes back and strikes his magic once again like asif says its simply a bad day at the office :) i hope @Klin and @Kate dont see these comments :disagree:
There have been numerous very poor showings for Buffon this season. Yesterday he was at fault for three goals. The two tap ins & Fred's first goal. Chiellini pushed Fred out and Buffon only had to cover the near post - that's just a rookie mistake.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
There have been numerous very poor showings for Buffon this season. Yesterday he was at fault for three goals. The two tap ins & Fred's first goal. Chiellini pushed Fred out and Buffon only had to cover the near post - that's just a rookie mistake.
Let's replace him with Storari (a Marotta signing)

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I didn't say he should be replaced with Storari. I'm just not confident with Buffon as our first choice anymore. Not after Sampdoria and Bayern in particular.
I'm sure you could find just as bad mistakes from any keeper, it's jus he's maybe declined a bit from superhuman level. He's still more than good enough.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
well in his prime he was super human, many of his saves were amazing, so yeah he isn't what he used to be :)

but I think he should be first choice for juve, he is more than good enough to be our first choice and is still one of the best on the world.

Bianco2nero

IL NUOVO BOMBER
May 13, 2012
WTF.. Some people should delete their account here..

Ok, he was bad yesterday and against Bayern.. But talking like that about him? Yesterday everybody was terrible (except Giaccherini lol).
But against Czech Republic Buffon was the man of the match.. He is getting older yes, maybe he should work just a little bid harder.. In getting up when he save a shot he is getting slow, should work on that.. And he needs to push balls better away after a shot on goal.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
He still made some good saves but powerful shots from point blank range are hard to hold onto. Italy have been poor defensively against Japan and now Brazil.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I didn't say he should be replaced with Storari. I'm just not confident with Buffon as our first choice anymore. Not after Sampdoria and Bayern in particular.
So he's not allowed to make a couple of mistakes over the course of the season? And to be judged at a fucking friendly tournament, when both fitness and focus is nowhere close to what it is in serious competition?! That's just harsh.

He may not be invincible, but over the course of an entire season Buffon is still better and more reliable than most keepers you'd pay good money for today. He has my full confidence next season, unless an injury hampers him.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Oh yeah. Let's blame Buffon for Italy's pathetic defensive displays at this tournament. While we are at it, why don't we bring in Quagliarella to deputize as a goalkeeper, since he seems capable of playing every conceivable position :rolleyes:

Everyone who says Buffon is past it needs a giant dong shoved deep down their throats resulting in a protrusion from the anal region. Fucking ingrates :andyandbarcelona:

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
Oh yeah. Let's blame Buffon for Italy's pathetic defensive displays at this tournament. While we are at it, why don't we bring in Quagliarella to deputize as a goalkeeper, since he seems capable of playing every conceivable position :rolleyes:

Everyone who says Buffon is past it needs a giant dong shoved deep down their throats resulting in a protrusion from the anal region. Fucking ingrates :andyandbarcelona:
:agree: you tell em

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
What always made Buffon better, IMO, was his reading of the game and his positioning more than his superhuman dives. Most of the time he'd make the difficult look extremely easy by being in the right position at the right time rather than rely on fancy dives. Over the course of the last season there were times when I felt his decision making was shaky and that was a worrying sign for me. Not that I want him replaced, that'd be a ludicrous thing to do, but I think we have to accept that he'll never be able to regain the level at which he once was.
That said, he's still very important and much more than good enough to keep for Juventus and Italy. Replacing him with Storari? :howler:

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Buffon's decline, reminds of Del Piero's fading out after 2009.

He is starting to lose more points then he wins, a significant point in a keeper's career.

against bayern, most of the loss was based around 2 mistakes by buffon in germany. and it has been this situation for a while

Now against brazil he shames the entire nation, and juventus, AGAIN.

I'm sorry, but its time to look for a future replacement. Buffon no longer gives us an extra
For me its simple, a goalkeeper at a topteam, needs to win points more the he loses(or could have won)

Buffon has reached the point where the balance is going the other way.

Remember when storari replaced him and actually did pretty good ? We should consider using him more often
I hope you know what a pathetic little loser you sound like.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)