Gianluigi Buffon (122 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
NEWS
Tuesday June 4 2013

Buffon a fan of Jovetic and Ogbonna
By Football Italia staff

Juventus captain Gigi Buffon has welcomed transfer links with Fiorentina’s Stevan Jovetic and Angelo Ogbonna of Torino.

The Old Lady are looking to reinforce ahead of next season and the two players are on their wish-list.
“Jovetic, like all the other players who could arrive to improve Juventus, would be welcome,” Buffon stated on Tuesday.

“Ogbonna, meanwhile, is an exceptional lad, a very intelligent one,” he said of his Italian international colleague.
“In my opinion he is a very strong player with great potential, even more than he is showing at this moment in time.
“When he matures he will be a reference point of this Italy team.”

Fiorentina value the Montenegro international forward at around the €30m figure, while Toro think their centre-back is worth close to €15m.
In order to fund such proposed swoops, there are suggestions that Juve could sell Claudio Marchisio this summer.

“I’ve read that there have been offers for Marchisio, but clubs have the right to make bids for Juventus players,” Buffon noted.
“Claudio is a great champion and I think it is normal that there are teams who would want a player of his calibre.

“I don’t know if the club will sell anybody or not, but we have a very capable and ambitious President, a staff who will certainly want to improve the squad so I have no fear.”

Numero Uno

Jun 18, 2012
- Gianluigi Buffon recorded the highest save percentage amongst Serie A goalkeepers with at least 10 games played this season (79.1%).
- Only Sirigu (84.3%), Tremmel (80.3%) and Agassa (79.3%) had a higher saves to shots ratio than Buffon across the top-5 European leagues this term.
- Buffon kept 16 clean sheets in the 2012-13 Serie A campaign, more than any other goalkeeper.
- Gianluigi Buffon recorded the joint-highest save percentage in the 2012-13 Champions League, 83.3%, alongside Málaga’s Willy Caballero.
- Buffon kept five clean sheets in the Champions League this season, the joint-most in the competition.
- Only Roman Weidenfeller (46) made more saves than Juventus’ number 1 (40) in the last Champions League campaign.

And this quote from Chiellini:

“And then we have Gigi Buffon behind us. Many of his saves seem straightforward, but that’s only because he makes them appear as such.”
As a result, I think he's still the best in the world and of course in Italy. He just “makes saves seem straightforward.” This simply shows his class.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 115)