Gianluigi Buffon (29 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Sure enough the sports dailies, in particular Gazzetta Dello Sport, have seized upon a comment made by Delneri, calling it 'A slap to Buffon’ & used it to further their long held belief that Juventus & Italy goalkeeper Gigi Buffon will not be in Turin much longer. I am far from naive & understand the need to sell papers (or increase site traffic) & this is not meant as an attack on those who report the story in a way tailored to fit the story they envisioned before entering the meeting. I merely wish to make a small attempt to give some context to people who otherwise may not hear the whole story.
So what actually happened? During a series of questions about his selections for the Lazio game a journalist asked if Claudio Marchisio & Marco Motta would return to the starting line-up, he responded to it by saying;
“I want to clarify here that there is nothing due to any player. Whomever is worthy will play, that applies to all: Buffon, Del Piero, Amauri, Sørensen, Motta. No player is an automatic selection. I believe Buffon is the best goalkeeper in the world, but first he must prove to be better than Storari”

http://iltifosi.tumblr.com/

Jun 13, 2007
Gigi is a symbol of this team. He stayed with us when we went to Serie B. No one should forget that. His place here is as permanent as the cum stains in Pamela Anderson's dress, and no amount of money can ever be enough to sell him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)