Gianluigi Buffon (160 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Now this is some other news.

Buffon to United for Vidic?

Gianluigi Buffon admitted to doubts over his future and it’s reported he’d accept Manchester United in exchange for Nemanja Vidic plus £20m.

Juventus have repeatedly stated they will not sell their goalkeeper, but the likely failure to qualify for the Champions League has precipitated a change of heart.

“The decision does not depend on Champions League qualification, but we must carry on in these circumstances and at the end of the season we’ll see what happens,” confessed Buffon.

Tuttosport newspaper now suggests that Manchester United are the more likely destination, as they can offer a large cash sum plus defender Vidic.

They need an heir to the ageing Edwin Van der Sar, while Manchester City also have the funds to intervene.

Bayern Munich have been linked with Buffon before as a replacement for Hans Jorg Butt.

Juventus already have their eye on next season with several options open to them, including Cagliari goalkeeper Federico Marchetti, Palermo’s Salvatore Sirigu and Villarreal man Diego Lopez.

Tuttosport points out that Diego Lopez shares an agent with Rafa Benitez, who is still considering an offer to take over at Juve.

The Liverpool manager would be given a large budget to revolutionise the squad and likely names are Lyon’s Michel Bastos and PSV Eindhoven starlet Ibrahim Afellay.

Football Italia

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Corriere dello Sport

Buffon-Juve towards a farewell, Manchester awaits

Juventus, con Buffon via anche Camoranesi e Trezeguet

Juventus-Buffon: divorzio annunciato

:sad:

But even before I said that I wouldn't be surprised. Still, this sucks.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
TBH, it could be the spark we need to get us back on the right track, just like the departure of Zidane meant that NEdved, Thuram and Buffon arrived.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
if we are getting Vidic and 20 mil. I am all for it.
With Rafa and 3-4 new players we can start revolution.

I would not mind if DP becomes one of directors and give a place to Diego

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
we will see i guess, it will depend on the new coach IMO

it has been said so many times i never believed it but this time around i feel there is a chance

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
20m + Vidic is probably the best offer we could hope for,forget that Vidic has had a poor season,he is unsettled right now,he is a top quality defender

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 156)