Gianluigi Buffon (123 Viewers)

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Buffon wins 'keeping crown

Monday 19 January, 2009
Juventus star Gigi Buffon is the best goalkeeper in football history, according to the International Federation of Football History and Statistics.

The IFFHS is an organisation that uses statistical data to analyse and classify footballers and clubs.

While their studies are widely respected, they also have their detractors who feel football cannot be reduced to a series of numbers.

According to their latest study of goalkeepers, Azzurri No 1 Buffon beats former Manchester United and Denmark custodian Peter Schmeichel to the all-time 'keeping crown.

Spanish shot-stopper Iker Casillas was awarded third place with German legend Oliver Kahn in fourth and Paraguayan international Jose Luis Chilavert in fifth spot.

Buffon was awarded the IFFHS' best goalkeeper award in 2003, 2004, 2006 and 2007.

channel4.com

:flag:

Jul 24, 2006
What do you make of this? Is Gigi just feeling unused and unloved with his injury problems? Or is he genuinely thinking about it? It's not the first time he's said something along these lines..

Interviewed by La Gazzetta dello Sport about the "Kaka case", Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has declared: "I am aware of the fact that the football clubs are also companies. In front of such an offer I myself would have left"

source: http://www.transfermarketweb.com/?action=read&idsel=30599

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Buffon proved his loyality like only few other players in the history of this game have done before. If he wanted to leave Juve he could have and would have done that ten times already. If he wanted more money he'd have been gone long ago.

But Buffon said many times how he wants only the best for Juve and if the best for Juve means him being sold for 40,50 or 60m eur, then he will sacrifice himself one more time in order to help us. But he will do it only if the club asks him to.

The media will be all over him now. They will say that he wants to leave. Some pseudo journalist may even dare to write that Buffon is hungry for money.
Don't fall for it. You all know Buffon perfectly well and you know what he did for Juve, what he gave to Juve. You all know what he really wanted to say with what he said.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
why is loyalty this important? why should everyone who plays with Juve should be a Juventino in heart? Every player has the right to ask more money or to live in a better city or play with a better club. Just like we will switch jobs if we get paid better, or if it will be more comfortable for us. Nothing is wrong with that, whoever is against that idea, is a retard to be honest..

We are Juventus fans, they aren't. not all of them.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
If he were to actually take up such an offer, though, we'd slam him instead of calling his choice reasonable.

I still think the spirit of football is dying gradually with so much money involved.
I could never slam Buffon for a number of reasons, but most importantly what he did for Juve after Calciopoli

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Sometimes it's better not to make these kind of comments a la Legro. Whether he will do it for the Club or not these kind of comments don't really help.

David01

Aug 20, 2006
he is a club icon, the best in the world but if those Manchester f"ckers want to pay an obscene amount of money for him and he's ok with that then by all means let him go.
nobody is worth that much money, not even a living legend

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 119)