Gianluigi Buffon (203 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
"God of football IQ" Maddy says it was a clear penalty and Buffon was terribly wrong so we must all be silent and stop the debate for he is the last word, the universal truth, the omniscient all knowing one. If you disagree with his objective truths you must be an idiot and a Napoli fan. :baus:
Check this one out, looks at all the Salzburg players, coaches, fans surounding the ref asking for a clear as day pk, but he wouldnt give it. Hes not as brave as Oliver clearly

http://fullmatchsports.com/salzburg-vs-lazio-full-match-uel-2018/?tab=second-half

Go to the 25:55 minute mark of the 2nd video, this a penalty or not? How would Roma and Napoli fans feel if they didnt get a pk like that against us?

Asking the objective squadof this forum

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Kahn: Buffon could’ve avoided this… | Football Italia

Ex-Bayern Munich goalkeeper Oliver Kahn notes Gianluigi Buffon ‘would’ve saved himself’ from two career low points ‘if he’d retired earlier’.

Kahn made over 600 appearances for Bayern until his retirement in 2008, winning eight Bundesliga titles and a Champions League, and represented Germany 86 times, picking up a runners-up medal at the 2002 World Cup.

However, like Buffon, the 48-year-old faced mounting criticism to hang up his gloves towards the end of his career, ultimately doing so when he was 38.

“It’s not easy to accept when to stop,” he said of the Juventus veteran to Bild.

“If he’d retired earlier, he would’ve saved himself from the elimination against Sweden and later disappointment against Real Madrid, but he’s driven by the desire to keep setting records and the dream of winning the Champions League.

“I could’ve played for another 2-3 years, but for what? [Philipp] Lahm also made the perfect decision..
Stop lying Olli, the whole world knows you just quit because of Jürgen Klinsmann.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Nope. Should retire before anything more embarrassing happens. It's in his destiny that he will never win CL and hopefully he would have made peace with it now.

A D A M

Oct 28, 2008
Nope. Should retire before anything more embarrassing happens. It's in his destiny that he will never win CL and hopefully he would have made peace with it now.
No. He can win it next year. It's obvious that we are worthy of it quality wise. We've proven that time and time again. Don't be a p.ussy mentally. It's called law of averages. All we need is more anger and two players who fit the job description.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
No. He can win it next year. It's obvious that we are worthy of it quality wise. We've proven that time and time again. Don't be a p.ussy mentally. It's called law of averages. All we need is more anger and two players who fit the job description.
Nah not really. He's ageing and we cant have him as our starting GK next season when we have a better alternative already. And there's no point with him sitting from the bench and hoping his team can win CL when he wont take any active part in it. Its not good for his stature nor i suppose his ego wouldnt allow it. You are just too emotional i guess.

A D A M

Oct 28, 2008
Nah not really. He's ageing and we cant have him as our starting GK next season when we have a better alternative already. And there's no point with him sitting from the bench and hoping his team can win CL when he wont take any active part in it. Its not good for his stature nor i suppose his ego wouldnt allow it. You are just too emotional i guess.
I am very emotional, yes, but I don't think I am too emotional. Have you seen the saves he pulled against Real? This guy is still a beast when motivated. Objectively speaking top saves, especially the one against Isco. He is ageing yes, but he could be our starter in CL and Coppa. Doesn't seem like a radical idea. Having said that, I get where you're coming from, and I agree it would be a rational option for him to stop now. I am just saying he shouldn't. Because reason isn't everything in life. There are things beyond it.

There is such a thing as being too rational in life/football, too. It wasn't rational to think we'd have a chance of pulling a comeback from a 0-3 deficit. Not against this Real Maadrid. Not at the Bernabeu. It happened.

Life is funny. You gotta believe sometimes. Because sheer belief can reshape circumstances, to make them favorable.

Don't argue against me. I've lived enough to know it's true.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 201)