Gianluigi Buffon (114 Viewers)

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
It's not really the players per se. It's just the internet and the visibility that gives a player these days, consumed in many more markets.
I know, but any Juve supporter would tell you the same I think. ADP is the more iconic Juve player. Buffon is more famous and recognized in the world. The fact that Gigi has a lot more caps for Italy than Ale helps too.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Well, also Buffon on his own right is unique.

Del Piero for us is a legend, but looking it at the big spectrum, he is just one of a bunch of superb forwards and is not even among the top ones, like Messi and Cristiano, just talking about numbers because in talent IMO prime del piero had nothing to envy to those 2, in fact i just have seen one player who was more inventive and intelligent than him and that was Zidane. Thats how high i rate Del Piero. He was unique in some sense.

But Buffon is at the indisputed top of his discipline. Also, like Baggio said, he has been around FOR SOOO LOONG, that people that do not follow serie A or Italy, reacdt like "Damnn!!! Buffon still plays? i remember him when i was a kid" and comments like those.

He is 38 and still is rocking it. Its unreal to be honest.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
dat one save there towards the end, from the header, god damn :tuttosport:

class class class
That's how you know he's the best.

He was not tested until late in the second half. Now most goalkeepers would find it difficult to stay concentrated in such conditions. But he goes on to make such a world class save in such an important moment in the match. This puts to shame all those cocksuckers who say he's the best because he always has the best defense in front of him.

Mar 9, 2006
Well, also Buffon on his own right is unique.

Del Piero for us is a legend, but looking it at the big spectrum, he is just one of a bunch of superb forwards and is not even among the top ones, like Messi and Cristiano, just talking about numbers because in talent IMO prime del piero had nothing to envy to those 2, in fact i just have seen one player who was more inventive and intelligent than him and that was Zidane. Thats how high i rate Del Piero. He was unique in some sense.

But Buffon is at the indisputed top of his discipline. Also, like Baggio said, he has been around FOR SOOO LOONG, that people that do not follow serie A or Italy, reacdt like "Damnn!!! Buffon still plays? i remember him when i was a kid" and comments like those.

He is 38 and still is rocking it. Its unreal to be honest.
Please, shut the fuck up if you have no clue about what you are talking about

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I still feel like Buffon is totally underrated especially in the last 6 or 7 years maybe more. Many people rated Neur, De Gea, Casillas and even Cech higher than him.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
The fact Pogba was the only Juve player voted into the Fifa team of the year last year says everything. It makes me sick. Until we win a couple of european cups we will not get that sort of recognition.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 113)