Gianluca Zambrotta (4 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I used to love zambrotta. Zambo. Damn I liked that man.
When we played Milan in 2005 and Del Piero delivered that beautiful assist to Trez, there was one moment when Inzaghi had already dribbled past Buffon and had to tap the ball into the back of the net. Zambrotta had managed to get back in time though and together with Inzaghi he sort of sled to the goal line, Inzaghi trying to score, Zambrotta trying to push the ball out. In the end Zambrotta pushed it right past the post.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
When we played Milan in 2005 and Del Piero delivered that beautiful assist to Trez, there was one moment when Inzaghi had already dribbled past Buffon and had to tap the ball into the back of the net. Zambrotta had managed to get back in time though and together with Inzaghi he sort of sled to the goal line, Inzaghi trying to score, Zambrotta trying to push the ball out. In the end Zambrotta pushed it right past the post.
1:04:35

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005
маслаченко :cry:
ты же понимаешь язык :tup:

я не знаю комментатора лучше него я был просто космос
так разбирать игру так чувствовать нерв матча

как же его не хватает :sergio:

Anan M

Aug 24, 2012
With our current LB situation, I remembered Zambrotta. I don't know if it is my nostalgic memory, but I remember him as a beast running relentlessly back and forth on the left sideline, providing plenty of crosses to the box or passes outside the box. I don't think I watched any LB/RB who was playing like this, maybe Lichtsteiner was the closes thing to it. Is it Juve who changed its style of play? Like even Sandro doesn't do it as fluently as Zambrotta... Are there any LBs/RBs who are similar to his style of play; back in his day?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
There's very few players who have his stamina at his peak. Lichtsteiner did, but didn't have the same quality dribbling or crossing the ball.

Zambrotta was a winger when we signed him from Bari, but he had two good feet and could play as an inverted wide player. He ended up at left back as he could defend well.

If I think back to that era of Juve just before him, it was commonplace for us to have fullbacks who played on both side and also had some history playing as wide midfielders. Pessotto and Birindelli had similar versatility and tactical shifts.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
1665381960681.png

caption is brilliant: former milan and barca ace assigns hungary to group g :baus:

matches played for:
- milan: 80
- barcelona: 58
- juventus: 217

i wanna be a journalist when i'm 55. absolutely zero accountability.

as for zambrotta, he was my favorite player back in the mid '00s. we share the same age, he looks like 10 years older than me. i hated when he moved to barcelona during calciopoli. we never had a similarly reliable and versatile fullback ever since (though i grew to like licht a lot, even though i wished he was better in supporting attacks)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
1665381960681.png

caption is brilliant: former milan and barca ace assigns hungary to group g :baus:

matches played for:

as for zambrotta, he was my favorite player back in the mid '00s. we share the same age, he looks like 10 years older than me. i hated when he moved to barcelona during calciopoli. we never had a similarly reliable and versatile fullback ever since (though i grew to like licht a lot, even though i wished he was better in supporting attacks)
That is so stupidly f’ed

When Juve had quality, I remember how much we relied on him as a utility player to patch holes for injuries. That’s how good we once were.

Now we just send out Soulé

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
1665381960681.png

matches played for:

Yeah Zambrotta was a boss. And he does look really old there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)