Gianluca Frabotta (4 Viewers)

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Good game.

For those asking, IMO his biggest problem are defending and positioning, neither was tested yesterday... our rival, MdL and Fagioli did everything easier for him

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Any day of the week.

Needs a lot of work in his positioning and general defensive work, but the guy has good instincts, gets forward well, has a decent cross and shot on him.
I don't get what some on here expect from a cheap backup LB.

Seems to be fine to throw in against midtable fodder to give AS a breather from time to time.

Cheap and from our youth, these are the squad players we've been missing for so long. I don't get the hate here.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...from our youth...
unfortunately we bought him in the summer '19, and he's already 21 now, so he'll never be a homegrown player for us. that's my biggest issue with him. he's too old and hasn't played enough at the club for a b-list player in cl too. administration wise he's in the same bracket as chiellini, dybala or buffon (association grown).

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
unfortunately we bought him in the summer '19, and he's already 21 now, so he'll never be a homegrown player for us. that's my biggest issue with him. he's too old and hasn't played enough at the club for a b-list player in cl too. administration wise he's in the same bracket as chiellini, dybala or buffon (association grown).
Yeah, sorry, just meant a player we promote from youth/U23 teams. Not necessarely homegrown.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I don't get what some on here expect from a cheap backup LB.

Seems to be fine to throw in against midtable fodder to give AS a breather from time to time.

Cheap and from our youth, these are the squad players we've been missing for so long. I don't get the hate here.
Exactly. Perfect solution, room to grow with some decent potential. Is a force when he gets running, has a decent cross (much better than the Motta/Molinaro that he is being compared to). Italian, cheap, I mean what more can you honestly ask for from a backup?

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
The problem is we have a history of having injuries to key players. So a lot of these backups end up playing big games where they get torn apart.

The quality gap between Sandro and Frabotta is just too big. Just like it was between Rugani and Chiellini, Sciglio and Cuadrado, Deschi and all attackers etc.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
The problem is we have a history of having injuries to key players. So a lot of these backups end up playing big games where they get torn apart.

The quality gap between Sandro and Frabotta is just too big. Just like it was between Rugani and Chiellini, Sciglio and Cuadrado, Deschi and all attackers etc.
He is turning into a scapegoat for our loss vs Inter. It was the whole team that played poorly, not only Frabotta. But if we can get a better left back - I'm all for it.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
He scores one goal in coppa italia, and you guys start a group think revisionism about his prior supbar performances? :D

200.gif
Not at all, but there is signs of a good, dependable Serie A bench player there for sure.

Imo he needs to be loaned out for a year or two in the provinces and work on his defensive phase. Cannot be a substitute (much less starting caliber LB) for a club of our size without knowing the basics of defending.

I think he’s a good crosser of the ball, overlaps smartly and well and has a decent shot on him. But he is suspect positionally and he won’t improve at all playing the odd game here and there.

OP
JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #239
    His athleticism and powerful left foot were obvious at the younger levels, but he does need to tighten up his passing and improve most areas of his defending to make a real mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)