Gianluca Frabotta (4 Viewers)

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I think when we play with an AM it puts a lot of pressure/responsibility on the wingbacks, especially tracking back. That’s a lot to put on the plate of a kid that was in serie C a year ago. He’d probably look better in a straight 442.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I think when we play with an AM it puts a lot of pressure/responsibility on the wingbacks, especially tracking back. That’s a lot to put on the plate of a kid that was in serie C a year ago. He’d probably look better in a straight 442.
Which is exactly why we need a much stronger backup LB. It's a key position for us.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I think he can develop into quite a good player, give it time, might need a loan. But he is also all we have right now
He is a cone in defense, both in duels and crosses to his side he was nonexistent. And for him to assist, it required a Sassoulo player to give him the ball, and two of their defenders to stand still and watch his weak low pass go past.

Doesn't fulfill a purpose out there except he is eager to make overlapping runs. That's it. That's not Juve level, let alone Serie A level.

If its outside transfer window you say go with what you got, but we have 3 weeks of transfer window left, get rid and get us an actual competent depth, we will need it with covid, injuries and this formations need for wingbacks, its literally one of the most important roles in the tactic. We need passable quality. This guy is not it.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
What hate? This is a useless player. Get him away from Juve, its not really complicated. He is a walking liability.
One of the biggest mistakes of the last 5-6 years, imo. Not Frabotta himself, but putting Juve in a position to have to rely on players of such inferior quality.
What were our directors thinking here? Alex Sandro for the left, Cuadrado for the right, and Danilo to cover both positions if none of them was available?

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
One of the biggest mistakes of the last 5-6 years, imo. Not Frabotta himself, but putting Juve in a position to have to rely on players of such inferior quality.
What were our directors thinking here? Alex Sandro for the left, Cuadrado for the right, and Danilo to cover both positions if none of them was available?
De sciglio wasn't great either

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Has Danilo played wide except one game this season? He is allways a 3rd CB basically. Never a wingback.

We need badly a wingback, because for left we only have Sandro. This kid dont count at all. Yeah he is cheap for the books to have as depth. But clearly half a season later he plays exactly like his paltry salary. Very much lacking.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
He is a cone in defense, both in duels and crosses to his side he was nonexistent. And for him to assist, it required a Sassoulo player to give him the ball, and two of their defenders to stand still and watch his weak low pass go past.

Doesn't fulfill a purpose out there except he is eager to make overlapping runs. That's it. That's not Juve level, let alone Serie A level.

If its outside transfer window you say go with what you got, but we have 3 weeks of transfer window left, get rid and get us an actual competent depth, we will need it with covid, injuries and this formations need for wingbacks, its literally one of the most important roles in the tactic. We need passable quality. This guy is not it.
Maybe Sandro's terrible lethargic play has made me forget what a good left back looks like

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
De sciglio wasn't great either
He wasn't, he was terrible. Last year we kinda made it through the season with Sandro and Cuadrado, but they played all the time and were lucky with injuries. By the end of the season they were dead. It was clear that this year they either won't be as lucky with injuries, or that, due to the short rest between seasons, they will struggle physically later on. And yet what we did was to replace De Sciglio with Frabotta. Crazy shit.

Jun 16, 2020
Frabotta was really exposed at that left side because Ramsey filled the striker gap. It’s one of the reasons that Sassuolo found all that space on our left side (and Danilo is defensively a lot stronger of course at the other side). You should never defend alone but he was constantly in 1 vs 1 situations, where Demiral ultimately ended up helping him instead of a midfielder.

Besides that yes, he had a few situations where he anticipated bad and that became dangerous situations.

I don’t want to blame this kid for a nightmare performance of our midfield. I rather watch this guy than De Sciglio.

But given the rumors of Pellegrini’s return the board might think that Frabotta isn’t ready for it yet. Anyway a loan won’t hurt him, but he isn’t the one to blame.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Maybe Sandro's terrible lethargic play has made me forget what a good left back looks like
Sandro is like 4 levels above this kid. Dont kid yourself. The performance of today was worse then Molinaro level. Even at his best output he is passenger level in our shirt. Just put out there because we figured its OK to go with cheapest possible solution for depth LB.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Sandro is like 4 levels above this kid. Dont kid yourself. The performance of today was worse then Molina level. Even at his best output he is passenger level in our shirt. Just put out there because we figured its OK to go with cheapest possible solution for depth LB.
You'd certainly hope Sandro is better than someone playing their first season in top flight foot all.

I don't think Frabotta is the second coming of Cabrini, but I also don't think he is nearly as disastrous as he is being spoken about here. He needs to improve in his one on one and decision making defensively which can be said about nearly all young wing backs with how football is going they are basically wingers slotted into that right or left back position. Like I said I think he can develop into a solid player in time.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
You'd certainly hope Sandro is better than someone playing their first season in top flight foot all.

I don't think Frabotta is the second coming of Cabrini, but I also don't think he is nearly as disastrous as he is being spoken about here. He needs to improve in his one on one and decision making defensively which can be said about nearly all young wing backs with how football is going they are basically wingers slotted into that right or left back position. Like I said I think he can develop into a solid player in time.
He needs defensive improvement all around and offensively his only move is to go outside and put in a cross. He has decent ball handling but basically he's just not juve material and we need to upgrade asap because our wong backs are very important in this formation...

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Sandro is like 4 levels above this kid. Dont kid yourself. The performance of today was worse then Molinaro level. Even at his best output he is passenger level in our shirt. Just put out there because we figured its OK to go with cheapest possible solution for depth LB.
It's been a long time and I think we forgot, but Molinaro was pretty good defensively. He is remembered the way he is remembered because he turned into a headless chicken the moment Juve were in possession :D And for his crosses of course. Man those were bad. Frabotta made one such Molinarish cross tonight.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Frabotta is ok. First season of top flight as a backup left back he has been fine.

I like that we are playing him tbh. Even if I think he is our worse defender.

He isn't a calamity and it makes use of our U23 team. We got a free player to fulfill a back role. Now the player will improve rapidly, and in any case is hell of a lot more valuable.

This Frabotta experiment has surely created a few million in value as he can definitely now be sold to a Serie A team as opposed to some obscure loan of a U23 player.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Frabotta was really exposed at that left side because Ramsey filled the striker gap. It’s one of the reasons that Sassuolo found all that space on our left side (and Danilo is defensively a lot stronger of course at the other side). You should never defend alone but he was constantly in 1 vs 1 situations, where Demiral ultimately ended up helping him instead of a midfielder.

Besides that yes, he had a few situations where he anticipated bad and that became dangerous situations.

I don’t want to blame this kid for a nightmare performance of our midfield. I rather watch this guy than De Sciglio.

But given the rumors of Pellegrini’s return the board might think that Frabotta isn’t ready for it yet. Anyway a loan won’t hurt him, but he isn’t the one to blame.
Exactly this, on the right there is Chiesa who tracks back, on the left Ramsey goes to the middle and is not helping much. Attack wise we can't really say this guy is that bad, the problem lies in defence, but it might be also caused by our strange tactics.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
It's been a long time and I think we forgot, but Molinaro was pretty good defensively. He is remembered the way he is remembered because he turned into a headless chicken the moment Juve were in possession :D And for his crosses of course. Man those were bad. Frabotta made one such Molinarish cross tonight.
Best molinaro moment is the back heel that went terribly wrong, up there with Sturaro forgetting where the ball was.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Yep. And Molinaro was really fast, at least.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)