Giancarlo Corradini is the new coach for remaining Serie B matches (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Corradini ends Juve career

Caretaker Coach Giancarlo Corradini will leave Juventus after eight years at the club. “I’m just a burden for them now.”

Given the reins after Didier Deschamps’ surprise resignation, Corradini will oversee the final game of the Serie B season tomorrow afternoon against Spezia.

“I told the squad that I want this to be a good performance and they should all give their best in front of the home fans,” he said after losing his debut 1-0 at Bari.

As promotion and first place are already assured, Juve will be presented the new Serie B trophy by Lega Calcio chief Antonio Matarrese.

It will also be Corradini’s last game after eight years in Turin in a variety of roles, most notably as assistant manager to both Fabio Capello and Deschamps.

“After six years sitting alongside great tacticians, I feel ready for a bench of my own. I hope to receive a call.

“I had hoped to remain as Coach when there was talk of a caretaker until Marcello Lippi came out of retirement, but now I am just a burden for Juve.”

The Bianconeri have already appointed Claudio Ranieri to lead the side next season and Corradini feels he is no longer needed or wanted.

“I have a year left on my contract, but I hope to find a team of my own to train. It would be the best solution for everyone.”

The encounter with Spezia could be a tricky one, as the Tuscans are battling against relegation and desperately need points.

“Motivation made the difference in Bari last week,” sighed Corradini. “Youngsters have more desire to do well than the champions, but without the top stars you get nowhere. Their enthusiasm cannot make up for the lack of experience.”
Source: Channel 4

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
“Youngsters have more desire to do well than the champions, but without the top stars you get nowhere. Their enthusiasm cannot make up for the lack of experience.”

Well in regards to his coaching prospects there won't be any stars playing, he will need to find another way to get results. And imo that statement is why he won't be a great coach.

anyway all the luck to him tomorrow and later on with his career

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Corradini is leaving cuz he wants to start own coaching career, and probably Ranieri wants his asisstant manager nad there is nothing wrong. Howeveer Kovac decision is a little bit weird, he is probably our best defender and we are getting rid of him for symbolic amount of money or eve free.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
He found a job somewhere else...

He'll lead Venezia in Serie C1.

Good Luck, Giancarlo...

And I think it's the time to unsticky this thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)