Giancarlo Corradini is the new coach for remaining Serie B matches (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
New Juve boss 'a mini-Mourinho'

Giancarlo Corradini will sit on the Juventus bench for the final games of the season after Didier Deschamps’ resignation. “I feel like a little Jose Mourinho.”

The 46-year-old has spent this term as assistant manager to Deschamps and took charge of his first Bianconeri training session this afternoon.

“I feel like a little Mourinho,” he told 'Juventus Channel,’ referring to the Chelsea boss’ start as assistant manager at Barcelona.

“He also learned by working beside winning Coaches. I hope all of this will help when I start my career proper.”

Corradini will take charge of Juve for the last two Serie B matches against Bari and Spezia, as promotion and the title is already secure despite their nine-point Calciopoli penalty.

“The first step in my work will be on Sunday. It has been a difficult season and we had a lot of problems, especially at the midway point.

“But we held on and came out of it in great shape, above all thanks to the strength of this squad and everyone’s willingness to help out.”

With the results essentially meaningless and several stars away on international duty, Corradini may be tempted to make changes.

“I will continue the work we have done here throughout the year. My responsibilities may grow, but the squad is united,” he added.

“I want to salute Didier, who I spent a wonderful season with. Thanks to him and all the staff we have achieved a great objective despite the obstacles in our path.”

There was also an emergency meeting of the Board of Directors today in Turin to discuss the options for the future following Deschamps’ departure. Director Marco Tardelli denied he was set to step down from his position.

As for DD, he will not be taking over at Lyon. The rumoured switch fell through, as today the French club announced that Alain Perrin had replaced Gerard Houllier.
Source: Channel 4

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
Corradini seems like a great guy, & most importantly a true Juventino, just what we need. Was just thinking, can you imagine how the season would finish if there was anything riding on the last 2 games, we would need to postpone them till after the international break, it would be a complete nightmare. Well done to the boys for getting the job done, just hope Ale can hang on to the capocannoniere title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)