Gerson - AM - Fluminense (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
take your youtube glasses off son

- - - Updated - - -

good, we are dodging this bullet!
Of course its youtube... I`m not prepared to wake up in 3am to watch brazilian football...
As for take off your youtube glasses I realised which players are going to make it and which not despite some raving about great youtube videos
For instance Robinho I was never too impressed about him even though he definitely has some dribbling skills
Ronaldinho was an obvious success
Neymar was even more obvious than Ronaldinho
Diego - I wasnt impressed with him at Santos but I have to admit his Wolfsburg spell tricked me even though I think he should have got another season with us to show his true worth
Mancini - I was impressed with his Atl Miniero spell and he made it in Roma while failing at Inter which happen to lots of players...
There are many players who everyone say what a great players they are but the trick is not to look only at skills but to look at how they contribute to the team in teamwork unselfishness if they can spot pass or go for glory too much
The brazilian defence is also not exactly Serie A level...

As for dodging a bullet - I dont know.. I do admit Im basing this on youtube but he seems quite promising... He is different to the typical Brazilian who has some amazing dribbling skills and showboating too much while shooting on goal too much...
He is more of a team player even if I think he also needs to showboat a bit less (he doesnt showboat a lot for a brazilian but still need to do it less)
I`m not a scout by anymeans but I do have an educated guess...

PS if you are going to quote me with replying to this please read the whole sentence and quote it all as some people tend to take half a sentence which make a completely different meaning... (the politics way)

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #162
    Barcelona have taken an important step towards the signing of Gerson. According to what we know at SPORT, in the recent visit to Rio de Janeiro, Raul Sanllehi and South American secretary Andre Cury closed a deal with the father of the Fluminense player, Marco Antonio Silva. The agreement between the player and Barça is complete.

The proposal states the base salary of the contract, which will extend for five seasons from the 2016/2017 season. Barça are continuing to work with the idea that the 18-year-old central midfielder will be signed next summer, once he has featured at the Olympics in Rio for a side led and captained by Neymar.

Barça have worked diligently this last week. Firstly, they blocked an offer of 16 million euros plus 20% of any future sale from Juventus for the player. Then, in a meeting with Fluminense president Peter Siemsen, they assured that the Tricolor would not pressure Barça to make fresh offers.

Barça have already heard that the player only wants to go to Barcelona. Gerson and his father have expressed this to Raul Sanllehi and Andre Cury. If many other big offers from other clubs arrive, the player will pressure his current club to let him go to Barça. Now the negotiation situation is calm for the Catalan club, who are satisfying Fluminense's interests, and have pushed away Man City and Juve, who were the principal clubs interested in the U20 international's services.
    The new board, who will come to power on the 18th of July, will have to close a deal with Fluminense. The signing should cost around 15 to 18 million euros, as well as the 3.2 million euros that Barça paid to secure first refusal. In the event of a transfer, 70% of the money will go to the player's club, with the other 30% heading to an investment company.
    @Mark close thread?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Translated from Mundo Deportivo, Gerson's father:

Gerson will go to Barcelona this winter, he will continue for now with Fluminense but then will go to Barca. We welcome the interest of other clubs, it says that my son is doing good things, but our decision is already taken: Gerson wants to play for Barcelona, it is a dream, the Blaugrana can rest assured, there is still no agreement, but both teams agree (verbally). Gerson is ready to join the first team, he can improve and has everything to prove, but there is not a better club with which to grow.
    Hopefully we did dodge a bullet on this one, rather than him becoming the next superstar.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    Where are they getting the money from? They're, apparently, about to pay €23M for a 29-years-old Dzeko.
    Dzeko will pay off. The guy can easily bang 20 goals for at least 3 (even 5) more years.

Gerson :boh:

As for the money, I guess they took a bunch from Bertolacci and another 30mln if they sell Romagnoli.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    It seems Roma is trying to get him. €18m. Another Iturbe? :shifty:
    iturbe will look like messi compared to this useless piece of shit. Then again roma wouldn't be the only ones to have wasted 18 mill this summer :seven:

- - - Updated - - -

Where are they getting the money from? They're, apparently, about to pay €23M for a 29-years-old Dzeko.
    i bet marotta did a bank transfer to roma's account

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
    This reminds me of Moggi and Domoraud.
    "In 1999 I went to scout a player at Marseille and noticed an Inter scout was there for the same player. I had to misdirect him. I noticed Cyril Domoraud playing and started to praise him so the Inter scout could hear me. Within a week newspapers linked Domoraud to Inter and they ended up signing him. He turned out to be a very mediocre player."
    :seven:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)