German WC Squad (2 Viewers)

JuveGER

Mar 10, 2006
As a German I think we are lucky to have a very easy group. I think we can reach the quarter finals, with luck and home advantage perhaps the semifinals. But honestly, we don't have many players of international class. This team is just average, very average. Italy, Brazil, England, the Dutch team, Argentinia and France are much better. And still you have teams like Sweden who can be dangerous. We have to be very lucky. But well, we often are.

DelPierino

Apr 27, 2006
Kurany is better then Hanke that´s true but the best are Klose Neuville and Podolski And to be honest Neuville is a better scorer in the National team than Klose is Klose striked since a long time against USA and didn´t in a lot of games before. Instead Neuville scored one in the last matches. He´s even more experienced. But I´m happy for Odonkor. He deserved it after working so hard for Dortmund this year he´s the fastest Bundesliga Player. And he brings lots of devenders in trouble he can be usefull.

But germany is not able to survive the Quarter Finals. Maby they have problems in the group Phase.

Tino

Il Tedesco
Feb 1, 2005
What a big surprise!! David Odonkor to come with the german squad and Fabian Enrst and Kevin Kuranyi stay infront of the tv!

But Odonkor is a very good choice, because he is sooo fast! maybe the fastest player from germany!

I think our team will rock this WC! Klose and also Poldi in the last games top-performances!
Klose one of the best striker and he also made assists! Poldi one the biggest striker-talents, and his head is free of preasure! he is playing at munich next year!

We have a strong midfield with Ballack and Schweinsteiger and Borowski!
technical skills, passing-skills and freshness with schweinsteigers young playing-style!

and even our defence is good! with the old nowotny our defence-boss and this wall Mertesacker! on the left, Lahm! very little and fast! he is a real figther, a pitbull! and on the left, Friedrich! good in offense and he sometimes scores!

I think we will do it!

Heja Deutschland!

DelPierino

Apr 27, 2006
At least one thinks that.:D

The defense is horrible and why the fuck is he tacking Huth with him.

Klinsmann is crazy a player wich didn´t play 5 Whole games during this season.

The only good ones are Nowotny and Metzelder.

And Mertesacker is bad in the defense but he scores goals so mabey he´s chosen the wrong part of the pitch.

OP
Byrone

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
  • Thread Starter #27
    Tino how good is Per Metersacker? my friend Dieter(he's from hamburg) always rants & raves about him & says he's the finished article.he does talk alot of smack by the way.

Tino

Il Tedesco
    Feb 1, 2005
    Byrone said:
    Tino how good is Per Metersacker? my friend Dieter(he's from hamburg) always rants & raves about him & says he's the finished article.he does talk alot of smack by the way.
    ok thats my opinion:

he is talented, tall, and intelligent!!
    he scored 4 goals in this season, so I can say that he is dangerous for every defense!
    so I think he has a big future, but he is not that good dieter as dieter said it!!

p.s.: I think dieter isnt a young guy?!!:p what a name!:D

DelPierino

Apr 27, 2006
    And the most he is dangerous in the german defense.

But you know what Byrone you´re gonna see it in the WC so you can make you´re own oppinion about him.:p

OP
    Byrone

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
  • Thread Starter #31
    yeah but that IF germany make it to the final,but its hard to asses a players pedigree in the world cup.thats why i prefer it if a player can produce the goods week in & week out in the league.

DelPierino

Apr 27, 2006
    Yeah i know what you mean.

But belive me he´s not that good at all he still is to young and has to learn a lot.

He scores more goals then he can defend the goal.

So it happend this weekend he scored one goal but let in also one and it was his fault and that happend couple of times.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    You know what *will* piss me off? The Germans doing well (cause they always do), and knowing they wouldn't even have qualified if they had been forced to play qualifying matches against, say, the Czechs... :ferocious:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    Matteo.. said:
    They look so sucky :D.
    It really is enjoyable, isn't it? :D

They were listing the squads of most big teams yesterday on Studio Sport. When Germany came up, my dad sat back with a beer and just smiled LOL

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    They make Emile Heskey look world class.
    And what makes me laugh is that Asamoah, who has only scored 3 goals is taken instead of Kuranyi, who has scored 10.

But it didn't matter anyway, both r equally overrated to me. Burke can even confirm this with me

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    IMO the German team looks good, defence looks strong and a decent midfield with Bastien Schweinsteiger, Frings and Borowski. Upfront they look a bit poor but Lucas Podolski is a decent player.

JuveGER

Mar 10, 2006
    Boksic said:
    IMO the German team looks good, defence looks strong and a decent midfield with Bastien Schweinsteiger, Frings and Borowski. Upfront they look a bit poor but Lucas Podolski is a decent player.
    Defence looks strong? Huth plays one game every three months and almost alsways plays bad. Nowotny has no speed and is often injured. He is experienced though. Lahm is good, but might be injured (there is now a friendly against an amateur club and they took him to hospital). Metzelder was injured for some time and in my opinion is not back to his best game. The rest is not experienced and not used to high class football since they never played regurlarly in international competition.

Our midfield is not bad at all. Schweinsteiger, Frings, Borowski and Ballack are no Ronaldhino or Gerrard, but they regurlarly played top football in CL.

Up front will be interesting. Klose is very underrated in my opinion. He is not a player who gets much attention, but he played a great season (something like 25 goals and 16 assists) and wants to do even better than 4 years ago (5 goals, only Ronaldo scored more). Podolski has shooting star potential, but has yet to prove himself against tough international competition. The rest rarely scores.

The defence worries me the most.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    I have been impressed with Klose of late, i did not rate him when i first saw him at wc2002 but lately he has been showing that he has some skills and not just a good header of the ball. Podolski's potential, i am yet to see. But I agree , its a joke for anyone to take Huth to the wc. Mourinho only plays him when they are playing long ball teams like Bolton or when he wants to play his emergency football. Nowotny was a shock too but he has been an exceptional player and if not for injuries , one of the best sweepers of a generation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)