[GER] Bundesliga 2014/2015 (9 Viewers)

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Dortmund might be closer to us now in terms of revenue but by next season, the gap will be significant when a lot of new deals kicks in for Juve so from a larger perspective,BVB earning revenues closer to Juve's this yr means nothing.
I expect a firesale at BVB this summer anyway.This is where their real test begins in terms of having the capacity to adequately replace their stars.

Buy on AliExpress.com

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Dortmund might be closer to us now in terms of revenue but by next season, the gap will be significant when a lot of new deals kicks in for Juve so from a larger perspective,BVB earning revenues closer to Juve's this yr means nothing.
I expect a firesale at BVB this summer anyway.This is where their real test begins in terms of having the capacity to adequately replace their stars.
Dortmund have a promising future if they play their cards right: Players like Geis, Volland, Baba will love to join them and when Glazer United drops 30M on Gündocripple and another 30M on Hummels Dortmund can go hunt real quality to underping their young players.

Geis and Volland are going to be huge.

Jul 15, 2006
He already has two CL's man. I'd say he's world class in general, leagues, CL's, cups, you name it and he'll win it.

If you put a gun to my head, I'd struggle to name a better manager in world football right now.
Van Gaal and Pep have won the same amount of trophies now :lol2: Louis is scum at the max to me.

Yeah. Not to mention that it is the most overrated league in the world. I mean I get it. The clubs are supposedly healthy financially. The stadiums are all decent. There is a sense of positivity in the air.

But it still fucking blows. It's like Bayern. I don't care how well they might play. They will always be Bayern.
You make it seem like Bayern have been winning the Bundesliga for the last 20 years, even though they have been dominating overall Dortmund and Wolfsburg (with Grafite and Džeko) did win the leagues in-between.

- - - Updated - - -

Geis and Volland are going to be huge.
Some good picks there, I personally think Patrick Hermann is awesome.

Hopefully they get relegated.
They picked up after X-Mas their looking at Europa League now man.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You make it seem like Bayern have been winning the Bundesliga for the last 20 years, even though they have been dominating overall Dortmund and Wolfsburg (with Grafite and Džeko) did win the leagues in-between.
Bayern won 6 out of the last 10 if I remember correctly. That is a lot.

But it wasn't my point. I think the Bundesliga is very average when you look at numbers 8 or 9 in that competition. Same goes for La Liga. In Italy (and to a lesser extent in England too), even numbers 8 or 9 can give you some competition. Maybe that's because they do tend to play a more defensive kind of football in Italy, I don't know.

Also, if you look at how Wolfsburg got slaughtered by Napoli, that really tells you all you need to know about both leagues. I never looked at it that way before, but you have Bas Dost as a starting striker for Wolfsburg, while you have Higuain as a starting striker for Napoli. Wolfsburg are a mediocre team at best. This sudden Bundesliga fixation people have developed is based on nothing but air IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

He already has two CL's man. I'd say he's world class in general, leagues, CL's, cups, you name it and he'll win it.

If you put a gun to my head, I'd struggle to name a better manager in world football right now.
I bet that if I were to put a gun to your head and you had to name a better manager, you'd be screaming Mourinho in no time.

And then I'd shoot you for not sticking with your principles, because I'm mean like that.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Don't waste your time, this is the same guy who said Bayern didn't have any world class player(s), weeks ago.
They don't. They're a well organised club, which is why they are succesful. But all this Bayern love is seriously getting to me. Especially because this is a Juventus forum. Why you lot are so obsessed with German football, I will never know. Teams like Wolfsburg and Dortmund are well below the likes of Roma and Napoli and that tells you all you need to know.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I bet that if I were to put a gun to your head and you had to name a better manager, you'd be screaming Mourinho in no time.

And then I'd shoot you for not sticking with your principles, because I'm mean like that.
In what way is Mourinho better?

Forgetting Pep's record against him, which is really embarrassing for a manager of Mourinho's caliber. Mourinho prides himself in being a results manager, Pep gets results much more efficiently playing some amazing football in the process.

I never understood the argument of Mourinho being better than Guardiola, for me, it isn't even a contest.

As for the bolded part, I've always thought you watched too much of "House".

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
In what way is Mourinho better?

Forgetting Pep's record against him, which is really embarrassing for a manager of Mourinho's caliber. Mourinho prides himself in being a results manager, Pep gets results much more efficiently playing some amazing football in the process.

I never understood the argument of Mourinho being better than Guardiola, for me, it isn't even a contest.

As for the bolded part, I've always thought you watched too much of "House".

Not sure about that, I was like this way before I started watching House. I do like him though.

As for Pep/Mourinho, I was not being completely serious. I think they're both good managers, but one is glorified and the other is villified. It has to do with their respective personas and teams, but I find Pep's behaviour distasteful so I kind of hate the guy. When it comes down to their managerial skills, we have to admit that both have had great results and that we really know fuckall about what they do during the week. Guardiola has also had the pleasure of managing some of the most talented sides the world has ever seen so if his results are better (which is highly debatable), that doesn't necessarily make him a better manager.

I am confident however when I say that Wenger blows ass.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
They don't. They're a well organised club, which is why they are succesful. But all this Bayern love is seriously getting to me. Especially because this is a Juventus forum. Why you lot are so obsessed with German football, I will never know. Teams like Wolfsburg and Dortmund are well below the likes of Roma and Napoli and that tells you all you need to know.
You don't have to be obsessed to realize that Bayern is filled with world class players and admire what the BL has been doing the last couple of years. If only the FIGC wake the fuck up and follow their path instead of searching for ways how to ruin Italian clubs.

It's also kinda hypocritical of you to use the Napoli - Wolfsburg game to back your argument, when Germany, bar this season, has constantly been having a lot of their teams in the final stages of European competitions, unlike Italy. Do I have to remind you of the trashing we received from Bayern? It works both ways.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Not sure about that, I was like this way before I started watching House. I do like him though.

As for Pep/Mourinho, I was not being completely serious. I think they're both good managers, but one is glorified and the other is villified. It has to do with their respective personas and teams, but I find Pep's behaviour distasteful so I kind of hate the guy. When it comes down to their managerial skills, we have to admit that both have had great results and that we really know fuckall about what they do during the week. Guardiola has also had the pleasure of managing some of the most talented sides the world has ever seen so if his results are better (which is highly debatable), that doesn't necessarily make him a better manager.

I am confident however when I say that Wenger blows ass.
Yup, no denying that. However Mourinho's behavior is equally if not more distasteful.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You don't have to be obsessed to realize that Bayern is filled with world class players and admire what the BL has been doing the last couple of years. If only the FIGC wake the fuck up and follow their path instead of searching for ways how to ruin Italian clubs.

It's also kinda hypocritical of you to use the Napoli - Wolfsburg game to back your argument, when Germany, bar this season, has constantly been having a lot of their teams in the final stages of European competitions, unlike Italy. Do I have to remind you of the trashing we received from Bayern? It works both ways.
It does. And if you look at the actual results, you'll notice that Bayern is a constant force and that Dortmund has had a couple of decent seasons in Europe. Other than that Germany have achieved nothing.

And look at the team Dortmund have today.. It's piss poor. I am saddened that we didn't beat them by a greater margin, because they are extremely overrated and there's a reason they had such a poor season. As for the likes of Wolfsburg and Schalke, they are raped every year by smarter Spanish and Italian teams.

For all the supposedly awesome work the Bundesliga has done, you have ONE good club.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup, no denying that. However Mourinho's behavior is equally if not more distasteful.
It is. But because everyone hates Mourinho already, I don't mind as much. Pep on the other hand receives praise, when he should make you vomit.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
What u mean with performance wise? The performances have been so good, that BL catched the PL and overtook them and r now 2nd best league. This without sugar daddies splashing ridiculous amounts of money..despite giving youth a chance. Even Bayern have spent less money then Liverpool on transfers. They r all on a good financial basis and generating profits..some generate tons of profits. Bayern, Dortmund and Schalke all 3 had unbelievable bad luck with injuries this season and despite that, all German clubs reached round of last 16 in CL..same as last year. They r all growing on a healthy level..the growth of turnover of Bayern and Dortmund has been astonishing..maybe u recognised that Dortmund is just close behind u guys in turnover and overtook the Italian 'giants' Milan & Co.
That's exactly what I mean.

You got Bayern, one of the absolute top clubs of the world right now and probably in the near future as (though I hate their guts), but after that the quality of the clubs can't hold up to neither La Liga nor the PL, and imo not even Serie A, as Wolfsburg's clash with Napoli has so impressively shown.

You had a few years with Dortmund up their at the top of Europe as well, but that's over now, and things have gone back to where they virtually always were.

Financially of course you're doing great.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Do Bundesliga fans now consider their league to be the second best by virtue of the UEFA coefficient (Germany is 3rd, but still)?
One needs to understand that 90% of BL stadium attenders don't give a flying fuck about foreign leagues and therefore the positioning of Bundesliga as such. I bet my pantalones 90% can't name the currrent champion in any other league. It's mostly "sky receiver fans", internet warriors and media who create a war. Media have created that "World Champion league" BS after WC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)