COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
--------------------Neuer
Lahm------Boateng--------Dante-------Alaba

----------Schweini------Martinez/Gustavo

Robben/Muller-----Kroos/Thiago-----Ribery/Shaqiri

----------------Gotze/Mandzukic

holy $#@!.

I think Martinez will play as a CB though and Thiago will start along with Kroos in the center of midfield.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Well, realistically, Bayern can't improve on last season. I have a feeling they will struggle a bit this season, and won't possess the same hunger and drive seeing as they accomplished the mean feat of winning a treble last year.

I still think they will comfortably win the Bundesliga by 12-15 points, reach the CL semis, and lose in the German cup final.

My Danish friend says to watch out for this kid; he is going to be huge, even bigger than Fischer:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_Højbjerg

BayernMan12

Jul 13, 2013
Pep will have Bayern play a 4-1-4-1 and personally Pep hasnt said anything that would make me think Martinez plays as a CB, i imagine the line up will look like this:
.............................Gotze/Mandzu...............................(False 9/9)
Ribery/Shaq.............................................Mueller/Robben
.............Schweini/Thiago............Kroos/Thiago.................
.............................Martinez/Gustavo...........................
Alaba/Contento.....Dante/Kirchoff.....Boa/DvB.....Lahm/Rafinha
...............................Neuer/Starke...............................

Front line - 6 players, 3 positions.
Midfield - 5 players, 3 positions.
Defense - 8 players, 4 positions. (Like last year)
GK - 2 players, 1 position.

19 first team players. Sorry to say but hardly any chance for Pizza, Can, Weiser, Weihrauch & Hojbjerg.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Always nice to see a big name player reject an EPL team. But do Bayern really need another midfielder? They are ridiculously stacked in this area, Kroos, Shaqiri, Goetze, Müller, Schweini, Luiz Gustavo, Javi Martinez and now Thiago. IMO Shaqiri will be sold soon, no way he can break into that starting eleven.

I feel Guardiola is going to ruin their amazing playstyle they had developed under first Van Gaal and then Heynckes, and he's going to implement a lame ass Barca lite system that's going to be just as boring and annoying as the original version.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)