[GER] Bundesliga 2012/2013 (13 Viewers)

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Yeah when you put it like that it sounds cool, but in the last 10 years (and before then, even) it's either Bayern (6 times champions) or, if they decide they won't show up, some other team manages to snatch it from them. The other teams that manage to win one year finish between 6th and 12th place the year after. Only Dortmund has been stable in the last 2 years. It's more like the American sports, where any franchise can become champion if they sign the right players in the draft. That can be good for a league if all teams are good, but that's not the case with the Bundesliga, really. It's who will manage to be not average on the years Bayern is off.

It's not as competitive as you make it sound. Basically it's whether Bayern will decide to win it or because of some factor they will miss out. Only Dortmund has been giving them competition lately.

I guess I covered that above, but that's the most common criticism of the German league, that it is not competitive.

Good thing Schieber contrived to get a red or this would have been another blowout match, and between two of the top 4 sides, mind you.

The marketing and financial aspect I'll agree with 100%, but in terms of football, the quality is not much above average I think. It's a good league, but not at the level of the top 3.
yeah but you could argue Bayern are to Germany what Juve have been to Serie A (excluding calciopoli years) as for Dortmund, i doubt they will finish 2nd this season, not with a strong looking leverkusen this season but then that is the pattern we've seen in Germany, there is always a constant shift of power especially amongst those competing against bayern for the title, it has been dortmund the last couple of years, perhaps now its the turn of leverkusen, and before that the likes of schalke you just never know and thats why for me it is one of if not the most competitive league amongst the top european leagues

i don't think the football quality in germany is particularly poor, not when you compare it to the French league, as a matter of fact i quite enjoy watching the bundesliga, especially the last 2 or 3 years i somewhat prefer it to Serie A for the most parts

Dec 24, 2012
yeah but you could argue Bayern are to Germany what Juve have been to Serie A (excluding calciopoli years) as for Dortmund, i doubt they will finish 2nd this season, not with a strong looking leverkusen this season but then that is the pattern we've seen in Germany, there is always a constant shift of power especially amongst those competing against bayern for the title, it has been dortmund the last couple of years, perhaps now its the turn of leverkusen, and before that the likes of schalke you just never know and thats why for me it is one of if not the most competitive league amongst the top european leagues

i don't think the football quality in germany is particularly poor, not when you compare it to the French league, as a matter of fact i quite enjoy watching the bundesliga, especially the last 2 or 3 years i somewhat prefer it to Serie A for the most parts
Yeah, I agree that it is better than the French league for sure, I just think it's inferior to the top 3 leagues. I like the type of competition that means any team can lose away like in Serie A and they can't just coast through opposition, which happens a lot with whichever team is on form in Germany.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Yeah, I agree that it is better than the French league for sure, I just think it's inferior to the top 3 leagues. I like the type of competition that means any team can lose away like in Serie A and they can't just coast through opposition, which happens a lot with whichever team is on form in Germany.
not always the case, dortmund have dropped points this season, leverkusen beat bayern in munich earlier this season, i would say there is more chance of a shock result in the bundesliga than say la liga

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Watching Dortmund vs Frankfurt...god is Dortmund lethal on the counter attack man.mreus could of has a hat trick In under 10 minutes of the game unfortunately he not scored 2 of them lol fck sakes he's good.
Rather a lot of teams would have looked devastating playing against Frankfurt's suicidal offside trap.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Good point. It's crazy how lucky he is when it comes to the teams he gets to coach. They're already one of the best teams in the world, all he has to do is make them run drills :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)