[GER] Bundesliga 2011/2012 (89 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
That's different because that goes beyond reckless or cowardly and is just an attempt to cause serious injury to the opponent.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
As cowardly and unpleasant as that challenge was, it wasn't one that really had the potential to do serious injury to the opponent.
Yeah, of course we can find tackles/fouls that are even worse. But that's not the point because, if it were up to me, those would also have far longer bans as a result in the first place.

I wouldn't hesitate a single second to give out bans of 15 or 20+ games when there's real malicious intent.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Keane only got a three game ban for that at the time lol, United wankers. It wasn't until it came out in his book that he went in to hurt him that they were forced to ban him for a further five games. So he basically ended the guy's career and got an eight game ban and fine of about two weeks wages.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Yeah, of course we can find tackles/fouls that are even worse. But that's not the point because, if it were up to me, those would also have far longer bans as a result in the first place.

I wouldn't hesitate a single second to give out bans of 15 or 20+ games when there's real malicious intent.
That's a different debate, then.

I was viewing things within the current disciplinary situation, rather than looking at what the situation ought to be.

I'd have no objection to longer bans being handed out for genuinely malicious challenges.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
They only won with a big margin, I watched the match and I can assure everyone that there was no fucking involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 89)