[GER] Bundesliga 2005/06 (1 Viewer)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Kaiser Franz: German Momentum Lost
9/5/2005 8:57:00 PM
1990 World Cup-winning coach Franz Beckenbauer has accused Germany coach Jürgen Klinsmann of squandering the momentum gained by the national side at the Confederations' Cup.

Germany, beaten 2-0 in Bratislava by Slovakia on Saturday, have looked mediocre since the summer warm-up tournament displays against Argentina and Brazil and have come in for some serious criticism in the wake of this latest defeat.

On Monday, Beckenbauer told tabloid Bild: "It’s lucky we qualify automatically for the World Cup. There’s no defence, no goalscorer - just a lot of journeymen." The 1974 World Cup-winning skipper also castigated Klinsmann for playing Arsenal's Jens Lehmann in place of Bayern custodian Oliver Kahn - who went golfing instead. "We just can’t have the best goalkeeper off playing golf while we have an international match," said Der Kaiser. "Next time, he’s going swimming. The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper. Jürgen is shying away from making a decision. I just find it sad that we’ve lost the momentum from the Confederations' Cup."

With only nine months to go before the World Cup finals kick-off in Munich, Klinsmann claims he has plenty of time to continue experimenting. However, Beckenbauer's is just the most high-profile of a chorus of voices begging to differ.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Bürke ] ++
Dude, next year I think Podo will be in a Bayern kit.
Probably, but its way too early for him to go IMO.

Prinz Poldi should leave Koln next season but head to a smaller club then bayern, for example Berlin. It could warm him up before he moves to the biggest stage..

This guy is too talented to take risks on! Though sadness points for Germany that he isnt actually German.. :wallbang:

Apr 12, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++

Probably, but its way too early for him to go IMO.

Prinz Poldi should leave Koln next season but head to a smaller club then bayern, for example Berlin. It could warm him up before he moves to the biggest stage..

This guy is too talented to take risks on! Though sadness points for Germany that he isnt actually German.. :wallbang:
I know, he's Polish. But if he is going to play in the world stage next summer, what is bigger than that. I think that he will be "warmed up" enough.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004

I know, he's Polish. But if he is going to play in the world stage next summer, what is bigger than that. I think that he will be "warmed up" enough.
If there was a better experienced striker he would be playing. The world cup could put alot of pressure on him.. remember he is only playing small time with FC Koln and friendlies with Germany.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I have said it before Burke and you hate me for saying it, but Lucio is sure one hell of an overrated defender. Every time I watch the Brazilian he manages to make some mistakes, and unfortnuately for Bayern he makes them at the most inopportune times. Last year he had Kovac to help rescue him from his mistakes, but now with Ismael as his partner things might not be as secure.

Juve_The_Best

Nov 18, 2004
what is Magath doing ?

Damaging the team with his subs. Thomas Doll did really read the picth Carefully !!

how could he play this match with 4-5-1 leaving Makaay with no assist and alone while he can play even Santa Cruz or Guerrero infront with him from the begining?

Sub Scholl over Lizarazu .. sub ze roberto over Schweinsteiger !!!!!!!!!

its one point lead now over HSV and 2 over Bremen .

bigjesus

Apr 29, 2005
Just watched Bayern, they played well, Karimi looked the best on the pitch in my opion, and we look shakey at the back with Ismael and Lucio.

Pisses me off.
It will take some time till Lucio and Ismael harmonize well. Kovacs was a big loss in my opinion. Gonna be very interesting how Bayern play in the CL season this year. I don't think Hamburg will play that stable for the whole season and Bayern will go for "Deutscher Meister" again. But they need a big CL hit again, maybe not winning it rather beating a great team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)