General TV (16 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

@Stevie @JCK @Post Ironic @Dostoevsky Its remake of the tv series from the 80s, based on the James Clavell books I read and loved as a kid.

It has Hiroyuki Sanada (playing the role of lord yoshi toranaga, played last by Toshiro Mifune!) and Tadanabou Asano, so its pretty much a must see for me.

Not sure on the unknown guy they casted for Major John Blackthorne, the role performed fantastically by Richard Chamberlain.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

@Stevie @JCK @Post Ironic @Dostoevsky Its remake of the tv series from the 80s, based on the James Clavell books I read and loved as a kid.

It has Hiroyuki Sanada (playing the role of lord yoshi toranaga, played last by Toshiro Mifune!) and Tadanabou Asano, so its pretty much a must see for me.

Not sure on the unknown guy they casted for Major John Blackthorne, the role performed fantastically by Richard Chamberlain.
This looks amazing. Thanks for the share.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007

Finally something to get excited about. Thanks. I'm gonna watch this 100%

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

loved those books too, and the original series did them some justice

any news on who plays mariko? the actress in the original series was one probably my first crush lol

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
loved those books too, and the original series did them some justice

any news on who plays mariko? the actress in the original series was one probably my first crush lol
Yoko shimada that played Mariko in 80s was everyone's first crush lol

Don't know the actress, but the remake is played by the only female you see nonstop in the trailer. The one speaking English to Blackthorne.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007

this gives me a hope that a live action adaption of ghost of tsuhima will be incredible

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Taylor Sheridan mostly western&defenitely gangsters easy to digest tv empire is expanding (he is an eager beaver lol), and his ability to pull old movie star names (or just prominent veteran names) grows with each project. Started with kevin Costner ofcourse (talk of matthew McConaughey to replace him) Lately of new shows: Sam Elliott (1883), Harrison ford, Helen Mirren(1923), Morgan freeman, Zoe soldana (lioness), Jeremy Renner (mayor of kingstown), Sly Stallone (Tulsa King).

And now this certainly compelling western tale with David Oyelowo, old timers Dennis Quaid and Donald Sutherland.

His non western shows are bit hit and miss (mayor of kingstown, tulsa king, lioness etc). But his best show by far is 1883, fantastic, closely followed by 1923. But I expect this bass reeves story to trump them, thats hell of a sourche material, and he shown with 1883 he saves his best writing and direction for the true westerns lol.

Funnily enough his worst show is the one that made him popular in yellowstone. And the only one I stopped following of them after 2 seasons (tho I only seen 3 episodes of Tulsa king, not sure how much it has).

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003

Just saw there will be a new True Detective season, not sure what to think of it. Nothing will ever top S01, imo best mini-series I've ever seen, but I'd also easily take anything similar in quality to S03.
Loved season 1 and even season 2.

No sure if I can stomach Jodie Foster.

- - - Updated - - -

A new season of Spartacus has been announced.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)