General TV (54 Viewers)

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Loved this one too

Yea that was amazing too. Imagine tuz being the players. Instant sarri boyz grouping up with leader pavle trying to murder the peaceful 100milChiesas in their sleep. ILFJ and Intermerda trolling each other on marbles. Vaxxers vs anti-vaxxers tug of war. Mods the VIPs. Fr3sh getting eliminated first cos too high to stand still. AFL lost a billion on stock options and is persecuted by FBI so he scams good guy Siamak into getting eliminated by Marty.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
It was really fantastic like a breath of fresh addictive air. We need more originality and creativity on TV that also makes you reflect upon yourself.

Best scene
I liked Squid Game but there was nothing original about this show. It’s old wine in a new bottle.

- - - Updated - - -

If you like something new and refreshing watch How to sell drugs online fast. Best show I accidentally stumbled across.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
I liked Squid Game but there was nothing original about this show. It’s old wine in a new bottle.

- - - Updated - - -

If you like something new and refreshing watch How to sell drugs online fast. Best show I accidentally stumbled across.
You're right there has never been a show about teenagers selling drugs yet

Disrespectfully disagree

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
You're right there has never been a show about teenagers selling drugs yet

Disrespectfully disagree
That’s not what I said. You’re always so smug and critical about tv, but Squid Game is Parasite and Battle Royal in a new format. That’s also my criticism about The Chestnut Man. We have seen it all before. Netflix are just pandering old cliché’s here. The only thing new is that it’s not made in Hollywood. But I guess we can thank the EU for that.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Squid game is great, it doesnt need to be original, but its very entertaining and fascinating to watch, with really good acting throughout (up until the D level rich white villains showed up).

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Squid game is great, it doesnt need to be original, but its very entertaining and fascinating to watch, with really good acting throughout (up until the D level rich white villains showed up).
The VIPs were a very poorly crafted element of the show, comically bad especially the 'dialogues', or better call it 'talking bits'. Worse than videogame cutscenes. Luckily their screentime was limited.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Its very common Trope in Korean/Japanese shows (chinese too, but I dont watch them), they hire the most amatuerish cheap level white actors (usually part time english teachers or backpackers who are stuck lol), so talent level is bare, but they deliberately write cringy stereotypical cartoonish villain roles for them (the reverse of what Hollywood does to the world), keep it simple for their audience. That 69 to 96 dialogue was so offputting and took me out of the whole seriousness of the show :D

But yeah its such a minor part in the show it dont matter. Its just funny to see the trope is alive after decades.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 51)