General TV (15 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I think Dusan needs to realize his genre, he tries alot of high acclaimed newer fantasy/supernatural/sci fi/comic book related materials in TV and movie. And his first instinct is allways its trash (allways in a very defenite way too in first glance). Maybe time he stopped trying them out lol.

Defenitely don't watch episode 2 of Lovecraft country. Its the weakest one of the season.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
First off, having it named Lovecraft makes no sense because Lovecraft books have a totally different wibe amd its not even connected. But lets put that aside. The writing is horrible. In a caffe where they talked he just mentioned Lovecraft, out of nowhere and it held no context. In the woods he mentioned Lovecraft again and it was such a forced thing conaidering the title, it was such a cringe scene. Then you have monsters eat policemen in the woods where you have one of them, (while his arms was literally eaten) says how there are no monsters like WTF. Also, that girl joining them on a trip made no sense and she just...joined. So many scenes were fast forward, no explanation and without context but hey lets just put racism in it, gays, familiy drama and huge hungry monsters, thats a road to success. That is just horrible and lazy writing with silly loopholes and no purpose beside mediocre popcorn enjoyment, but hey, even if you search for that there are many better things to watch.

I went to check imdb reviews from useres and apparently many (or majority) seems to dislike it, so its not just me. Standards for todays shows seem quite low if that is supposed to be a good tv show. Imo that first episode is literally horrible. Maybe it gets better, I dont know, but it didnt start off well thats for sure.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
After watching Raised by Wolves Im pretty sure this series is na apology from Ridley Scott for Prometheus. It's what that movie could and should have been.

oh and also I have no idea what the fuck is going on there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)